Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

P. 4 Semiauto bb airsoft gun shooting at 280miles/h

Built a BB Machine Gun? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: Antonio » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:24 am

hotknife ralphie wrote:Hey, I've been looking at the design for a while now and still can't work out how the trigger works. ie-When you pull the trigger what causes the barrel to slide backwards and hit the bolt letting the air out?


Image If you look at this picture you can c there is a spring at the front of the barrel. This pushes the barrel back when u pull the trigger. You can also use an elastic band for this, but if you find the right spring it looks lots better. Hope this helps.
  • 0

User avatar
Antonio
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:38 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: clonejoe » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:04 pm

That would be awsome if you built a sniper type frame for it.
  • 0


clonejoe
Private
Private
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:03 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: ghostman01 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:56 pm

look at the animation u can see the trigge going through all three pipes and stopping the bb from coming out put somthing on the barrel that doesnt come off and attach rubber bands to the bb magazine holder and bobs ur uncle
  • 0

User avatar
ghostman01
Major
Major
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:15 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Antonio » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:07 pm

clonejoe wrote:That would be awsome if you built a sniper type frame for it.


Yeah you can build anything around this valve system. The stronger the spring is at the front of the barrel the harder the gun shoots. Atm I am working on a bigger passage for the flow of air around the valve; this way it could shoot even harder.

ajdevi92 wrote:look at the animation u can see the trigge going through all three pipes and stopping the bb from coming out put somthing on the barrel that doesnt come off and attach rubber bands to the bb magazine holder and bobs ur uncle


yeah thats how the airgun is put togethor. I never really talked about the trigger pin going through all the pipes and which stops bbs rolling out. This is a big improvement to my older guns as you couldnt shoot ehm down. An oring blocking the bbs uses up more energy so I thought of this. I recommend that ppl who try to build this airgun first time to use a simple trigger like in my P.2 project posting. This trigger gives u more space for testing purposes and is less annoying installing it.
  • 0

User avatar
Antonio
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:38 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: ghostman01 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:54 am

ant wrote:
clonejoe wrote:That would be awsome if you built a sniper type frame for it.


Yeah you can build anything around this valve system. The stronger the spring is at the front of the barrel the harder the gun shoots. Atm I am working on a bigger passage for the flow of air around the valve; this way it could shoot even harder.

ajdevi92 wrote:look at the animation u can see the trigge going through all three pipes and stopping the bb from coming out put somthing on the barrel that doesnt come off and attach rubber bands to the bb magazine holder and bobs ur uncle


yeah thats how the airgun is put togethor. I never really talked about the trigger pin going through all the pipes and which stops bbs rolling out. This is a big improvement to my older guns as you couldnt shoot ehm down. An oring blocking the bbs uses up more energy so I thought of this. I recommend that ppl who try to build this airgun first time to use a simple trigger like in my P.2 project posting. This trigger gives u more space for testing purposes and is less annoying installing it.



yeah i built p.2 have a look at it and the others i built Here
  • 0

User avatar
ghostman01
Major
Major
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:15 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Sergeant Dotson » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:12 pm

I love it man! About how much did it cost?
  • 0

User avatar
Sergeant Dotson
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:53 pm
Location: Tennessee
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: hotknife ralphie » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:28 am

Thanks, I get the trigger set up now. Do you think that this type of gun/valve would work with marbles? Obviously I would have to increase the hammer valve and flow due to the extra weight of a marble, but would the amount of air needed to move a marble at a respectable speed be unreasonable? ie-Would the chamber volume need to be so huge to get 10-15 shots, with a marble, that it would just be silly to make it?
(BTW the barrel will be 15mm pipe, I haven't decided in a pipe size for the chamber)
  • 0


hotknife ralphie
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 5:53 am
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: Antonio » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:00 pm

[quote=''sinper2006'']i dunno if this will work but if u make the hole from magizine to where it is when the gun fires u should be able to get full auto i gess u could test this by putting a longer screw in the gun[/quote]

I dont really get what this would do though? I dont want my whole magazine to fly out the top. Could you explain this in a bit more detail as it sounds interesting.
  • 0

Last edited by Antonio on Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
Antonio
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:38 pm
Reputation: 0

The trigger

Unread postAuthor: littlebro05 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:43 am

Ok a question, so your saying that the trigger is connected to the whole 50cm (i'm going to assume) 6mm barrel is pulled back into the poppet valve to fire the bb?

like the trigger is connected to the 6mm barrel and when you pull the trigger back, the whole barrel moves backwards into the poppet valve releasing a burst of air firing the bb?

just wondering if that's how it works... if i'm right i should be able to make one similar to yours

and yeah i can't remember watching your video with "The best",
tho i like it best cause it's very original
  • 0

It's Nerf or Nothing.

Don't start crying when I play this as my hobby, Paintball, Airsoft and Nerf are equally good hobbies, except you can play Nerf in public. Good day! Hmph!
User avatar
littlebro05
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:04 am
Reputation: 1

Re: The trigger

Unread postAuthor: Novacastrian » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:48 am

littlebro05 wrote:and yeah i can't remember watching your video with "The best",
tho i like it best cause it's very original


WTF? gvtnugtwgwybgwby
  • 0

America, the greatest gangster of all time. With 200 million odd foot soldiers at it's whim and call.
When you fill your car with refined oil remember that it has been paid for with blood and guts, some from your own countrymen, most not.

Novacastrian
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1604
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:59 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: The trigger

Unread postAuthor: Antonio » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:56 am

Novacastrian wrote:WTF? gvtnugtwgwybgwby

what? (btw is that you on your profile pic?)

littlebro05 wrote:Ok a question, so your saying that the trigger is connected to the whole 50cm (i'm going to assume) 6mm barrel is pulled back into the poppet valve to fire the bb?

like the trigger is connected to the 6mm barrel and when you pull the trigger back, the whole barrel moves backwards into the poppet valve releasing a burst of air firing the bb?

just wondering if that's how it works... if i'm right i should be able to make one similar to yours

and yeah i can't remember watching your video with "The best",
tho i like it best cause it's very original


As you can see on the first page (the animation) the barrel is pushed forwards. When you pull the trigger then the barrel is pushed backwards due to the presprung elastic band or spring attached to the barrel. While it moves back it also closeds of the loading port and when its back far enough it hits the poppet valve. I will post my videos again but then from a different account. Too bad I cant add movies without putting them on youtube. Thnx for the respect:)
  • 0

User avatar
Antonio
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:38 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: The_Kangsta » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:01 am

Ant, how is it semi automatic? YOu said that you have to recock it for every shot, but it seems to cock on the pressure alone in the vid.

Can you explain
  • 0

Live now, die later
User avatar
The_Kangsta
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: Canada
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: FordGtMan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:13 am

I think he just has amazingly fast hands Kangsta...
  • 0

User avatar
FordGtMan
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: southlake Tx
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:26 am

the air that shoots the bb would cock it wouldnt it (looking at video on first page)
  • 0

Image
Aussie spudders unite!!
User avatar
Carlman
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1618
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:18 am
Location: Western Australia
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: FordGtMan » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:53 am

He says he has to cock it on every shot though
My gun doesnt really cycle itself back, u have to do it by hand.
  • 0

User avatar
FordGtMan
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:15 pm
Location: southlake Tx
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Database

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'