Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 68 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Lung Powered BBMG Prototype

Built a BB Machine Gun? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Lung Powered BBMG Prototype

Unread postAuthor: maverik94 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Ok, Yesterday (or was it the day before, I cant remember) I made my first mini, A crappy spring-powered thing I made because I was bored. Today, I decided to make something a bit more serious. I know this has been done before, so I dont claim this to be completely my own design.

Also, It's only a prototype, made from bits and pieces I found in and around my house (and surprisingly the freezer in the cellar) Anyway, Essentally it is a film canister as the mouth piece (salvaged, or should I say stolen from some rolls of film my dad has stored in the freezer (It's supposed to help them keep). Then I have a paper cone wraped in tape to act as a funnel to guide the bbs into the barrel. The barrel is......dont laugh.....part of a highlighter, I only chose this because It happened to fit the ammo I'm using perfectly. Obviously this is just a prototype, I plan to make it out of better materials later when I have some time and money. This little guy is pretty powerful, it stings a bit when I shoot my finger with it, and when I repeatadly shoot my thumb It can really hurt. This is something you wanna wear safety goggles when you're shooting in an enclosed space. Currently I am using beads from those cheap mardi-gras necklacess as ammo. They fit pretty well, are cheaper than dirt, and the little bit of string left on each side of them aster cutting helps make a good seal for a more powerful shot.
Any comments are welcome for the new version of this gun, and please dont say I copied this directly form anyone, It may not be really original, but I did have the idea for the cone and such by myself.

maverik94
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:31 am

Gday mate, gussing your from oz.

when i made mine i had some loose beads from the craft store about 2$ buys you 200!

Good work.

Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: maverik94 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanks. oz? What do you mean? Do you have any Ideas for better materials I could use instaed of a paper cone and a highlighter?

maverik94
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: Carlman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:46 am

oz -> aus -> australia

poly pipe or pvc and brass tube

Aussie spudders unite!!
Carlman
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: maverik94 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:10 pm

nope, im in the usa, ok, im planning on using a plastic or metal funnel for the cone.

maverik94
Colonel
Colonel

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Database