Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 56 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

co2 shotgun and question

Built a BB Machine Gun? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: Heimo » Sun May 16, 2010 1:49 pm

superpenguin wrote:i was wondering about the possibilities of making a mold of this shot gun and melting abs and pouring it in the mold.

plastic (all kinds) do not get poured into molds, plastic is not fluid enough to be poured into molds. commercially plastic is injected into molds at enormous pressures

plastic parts are usually produced through the following procedures

blow molding
injection molding
vacuum forming
machining from solid chunks of stock
and I don't know how plastic pipes are made but I suspect it is through some type of extrusion process

the point I am trying to make is that you will be wasting your time trying to pour plastic into a mold, there are however polymer resins available that have been designed to be poured into a mold however these are expensive and the amount of equipment needed to use these successfully makes this less than ideal

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
Heimo
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Previous

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Database