Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 73 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Handmade Airsoft Recurve Crossbow, Shoots 6mm

Built a BB Machine Gun? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Handmade Airsoft Recurve Crossbow, Shoots 6mm

Unread postAuthor: jacoblesann » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:25 am

A while back I made this steel recurve crossbow. Always wanted to make a crossbow for airsoft, so I went ahead and did it. It uses a 20 pound (ish) draw steel bow with wooden siyahs to decrease weight and shorten the working length. Sights are windage and elevation adjustable, safety optional, and bow can be taken off the stock for storage. I do not own a chrony, but I'd say it shoots 140-180 FPS with some .30 gram bbs. It's no speed demon, but that's because it's supposed to simulate a crossbow.

I'm very proud of it, and enjoy how it came out. Hope you guys like it!

(BTW, I am aware shooting airsoft bbs can be considered dryfiring a crossbow. That is an issue with 150 pound fiberglass and wood bows, but with a steel bow that's only 20 pounds, there is no real issue, it can take it. I am also aware that I can convert the crossbow to a spring-piston design. I don't see the point in that, it wouldn't be a true crossbow anymore. Thanks for understanding.)

Last edited by jrrdw on Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Embedded video.

jacoblesann
Private
Private

Re: Handmade Airsoft Recurve Crossbow, Shoots 6mm

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:35 am

jacoblesann wrote:I am also aware that I can convert the crossbow to a spring-piston design. I don't see the point in that, it wouldn't be a true crossbow anymore. Thanks for understanding.)

I had done exactly that for a school project back in the day, mechanically interesting but for practical purposes not really useful compared to a bolt action spring powered airsoft rifle.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Database