Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 38 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

New Inline Vortex

Built a BB Machine Gun? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 

how do you rate my gun?

great
0
No votes
ok
0
No votes
bad
0
No votes
bad
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 0
  • Author
    Message

New Inline Vortex

Unread postAuthor: origin unknown » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:12 pm

This is my first inline vortex (or any BBMG or spudgun of that matter) and has a spring plunger to feed the BBs. It kind of looks like the japanese type 100 flamethrower. I have shot it with a rubber tipped blowgun sticking into the elbow joint and it emptied 1500 bbs in 15 sec (100 BB/sec) at 100 psi. I plan to have a permanent blowgun on it soon and maybe a paintjob.


Do ya'll think this is a good lookin 1st gun?
  • 0

Attachments
DSCF2980.jpg
the vortex block and the washer plunger attached to the spring
DSCF2982.jpg
another pic of my gun
DSCF2976.jpg
my gun
Last edited by origin unknown on Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
origin unknown
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:38 pm
Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Brooner115 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:18 pm

Looks pretty good! Allthough its not really that clear of PVC maybe a paintjob would be a good idea :D
  • 0


Brooner115
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:07 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: origin unknown » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:27 pm

ya, i might paint it white or something
  • 0

User avatar
origin unknown
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:38 pm
Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Velocity » Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:00 pm

Nice vortex gun. I know they help (cause they are used on the legendary Ultimate Inline series), but how exactly does the spring help? It seems to me it would push the BB's tightly together and make it difficult to agitate them. However, I guess if 100 PSI is coming into the chamber, it would push the spring back... anyone care to elaborate on exactly what the spring does.
  • 0

User avatar
Velocity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:42 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Mr.Russ » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:21 pm

woohoo! its like my plunger :)
  • 0

User avatar
Mr.Russ
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:07 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: origin unknown » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:07 pm

rmich732 wrote:Nice vortex gun. I know they help (cause they are used on the legendary Ultimate Inline series), but how exactly does the spring help? It seems to me it would push the BB's tightly together and make it difficult to agitate them. However, I guess if 100 PSI is coming into the chamber, it would push the spring back... anyone care to elaborate on exactly what the spring does.


Thats what I thought too, but the air coming from the inlet goes straight out the barrel with no time to move to the bb chamber b/c it always takes the easiest route. It pushes the bbs more tightly together and they get sucked into the vortex hole and out the barrel, so there is really no need for agitation exept inside the vortex hole.
  • 0

User avatar
origin unknown
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:38 pm
Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: noname » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:25 pm

Kinda funky lookin', but great job! I'm glad to see more inlines than the "regular" design have been showing up.
  • 0

User avatar
noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 2699
Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:19 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 9

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:47 pm

The spring also allows you to shoot in all positions, I believe.
And keeps them from rattling while moving to keep you stealth?

btw, it loosk good, but you shouldn't paint it white.
If you wanted it white you should have used plain ol pvc lol.
  • 0

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
User avatar
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
 
Posts: 3220
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:47 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: TwitchTheAussie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:54 pm

Looks mad man and I'd go for a permanent blow gun in the handle to make it look madder or in fact two handles and one blow gun mounted in the front to make it look sweet. But thats just my opinion :P
  • 0

Raise your horns if you love metal.
spudgunning is like sex, once you've tasted, you can't wait til next time.
-
CpTn_lAw
User avatar
TwitchTheAussie
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:23 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: guns+ammo+target=FUN » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:16 pm

yeah it looks sweet, first iv seen with a vortex block that can shoot in all directions. :thumbleft:
  • 0


guns+ammo+target=FUN
Private
Private
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:26 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: origin unknown » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:19 pm

guns+ammo+target=FUN wrote:yeah it looks sweet, first iv seen with a vortex block that can shoot in all directions. :thumbleft:


hey, check out The Ultimate Inline MK II by neospud. it can shoot from all positions too.
  • 0

User avatar
origin unknown
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:38 pm
Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Boomer_ » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:10 pm

Well, I'll be posting an inline vortex BBMG modeled after the ultimate inline, only more m16 or m15A4 looking. It does have a spring, and you guys have hit two of the lesser reasons for the plunger/piston/"spring thingy". The main reason is that it provides for constant and continuous feeding in any and all possible positions and yes, it does keep you stealth by preventing the rattling of the thousands of bbs in the chamber. One of you said "wouldn't it just blow the piston back?" yes. It does blow the piston back but only a little tiny bit, and for a split second as the burst of air tries to equalize throughout the entire chamber including what's behind the spring. The piston can only move back if the pressure on one side is greater than the other side, meaning the piston only moves back for the amount of time it takes to pressurize the chamber. The piston moving back (about a half an inch) will actually allow the bbs more room to jumble around voiding any chance of jamming the block (if you're bb shrouds aren't perfect, which they almost never are). Hope that cleared up most of the piston questions.

Great gun, by the way. Nice use of clear pipe, if it's Harvel, then I know it fits 2" PVC rod perfectly. And I mean perfectly.
  • 0

I wish I had a better signature...
User avatar
Boomer_
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:35 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: origin unknown » Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:19 pm

Boomer_ wrote:Well, I'll be posting an inline vortex BBMG modeled after the ultimate inline, only more m16 or m15A4 looking. It does have a spring, and you guys have hit two of the lesser reasons for the plunger/piston/"spring thingy". The main reason is that it provides for constant and continuous feeding in any and all possible positions and yes, it does keep you stealth by preventing the rattling of the thousands of bbs in the chamber. One of you said "wouldn't it just blow the piston back?" yes. It does blow the piston back but only a little tiny bit, and for a split second as the burst of air tries to equalize throughout the entire chamber including what's behind the spring. The piston can only move back if the pressure on one side is greater than the other side, meaning the piston only moves back for the amount of time it takes to pressurize the chamber. The piston moving back (about a half an inch) will actually allow the bbs more room to jumble around voiding any chance of jamming the block (if you're bb shrouds aren't perfect, which they almost never are). Hope that cleared up most of the piston questions.

Great gun, by the way. Nice use of clear pipe, if it's Harvel, then I know it fits 2" PVC rod perfectly. And I mean perfectly.


I just checked my clear pipe, and on it showed the brand name "Harvel"!
This guy knows his brands.
  • 0

User avatar
origin unknown
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:38 pm
Location: Searcy, Arkansas (college) and Memphis, TN (hometown)
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Flying_Salt » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:11 pm

Flying_Salt wrote:You know, every time I see a "first pneumatic" that looks better then my pneumatic it makes me want to volunteer at a soup kitchen...


I rest my case. Nice gun.
  • 0

sgort87 wrote:I hereby present Flying_Salt with The one and only <a href="http://www.geocities.com/sgort87/ghetto">Ghetto Award!</a>
User avatar
Flying_Salt
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 779
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:57 pm
Location: Texas
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:18 pm

The Mauser C96 was known as the "broomhandle" because of its handgrip:

Image

You seem to have taken the idea to heart :wink:
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Next

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Database

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'