Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 56 users online :: 8 registered, 0 hidden and 48 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Baldyforks, Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

The SideStrafer

Built a BB Machine Gun? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:39 pm

That's just an aroused blowgun, how is it going to help?

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: turbohacker » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:18 pm

You suggested that the larger flow rate improved your effency to 2ft/lbs of force. However it lacked that erginomical feel of a blow gun. This blogun has a much higher flow rate. (it can be found on mcmaster)

<-- This is not a cat avatar

If it walks like a dog, sratches like a dog, and barks like a dog, than its probobly a...-TURTLE, it's a TURTLE!!! Cant you see?!!!

frankrede wrote:Great googlay mooglay!
Thats a beast!
turbohacker
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:24 pm

turbohacker wrote:You suggested that the larger flow rate improved your effency to 2ft/lbs of force. However it lacked that erginomical feel of a blow gun. This blogun has a much higher flow rate. (it can be found on mcmaster)

Does it have a higher flow rate from the valve or from the nozzle? Also, note that in the ball-valve strafer, the BBs actually flow *through* the ball valve, that's what makes the difference in performance - the BB chamber is alreadt presurised.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: turbohacker » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:47 pm

I misunderstood, i thaught that the bb's were loaded into the barrel like a conventional gun. This valve has more than double the flow of a standard blow gun, however I dont think a bb would fit through it.

If it walks like a dog, sratches like a dog, and barks like a dog, than its probobly a...-TURTLE, it's a TURTLE!!! Cant you see?!!!

Thats a beast!
turbohacker
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:58 pm

turbohacker wrote:I misunderstood, i thaught that the bb's were loaded into the barrel like a conventional gun. This valve has more than double the flow of a standard blow gun, however I dont think a bb would fit through it.

can you link to it on Mcmaster - I'm still not sure if the increased flow is through the actual valve or due to a wider nozzle, in the latter case its no more useful than an ordinary blowgun.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: turbohacker » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:56 pm

Yeah, I think flow is increased in the valve, otherwise it would be useless...

mcmaster wrote:(1) Standard and (2) High Thrust Pistol Grips— Have an increased-flow nozzle, hang-up hook, cast aluminum body, nozzle, and extension. High-thrust blowguns have a unique internal design that delivers 50% more air volume and thrust than the standard thrust model.

sorry, I had trouble linking it, go to mcmaster and type in blowgun.

It says that the high flow model flows 32cfm, compared to the standard blowgun that flows only 11cfm.

Thats a beast!
turbohacker
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: noname » Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:47 pm

Jack, I was looking through my notebook of noob ideas that I had 3 or 4 years ago and I actuallly have a concept drawing of a ball valve strafer, because I didn't have an air compressor then.
Great minds think alike?

noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:17 am

noname wrote:Great minds think alike?

Yeah, it's a pretty obvious solution to the low chamber pressure issue when you think about it ;)

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Previous

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Database