Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 81 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 78 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Inline vortex block materials

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: pocket » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:06 am

noname is there a specific one that you would recommend? or do they both have the same approximate density?

pocket
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:42 am

I would make a mold out of play dough and cast out of epoxy, after two or three uses i fell in love with that stuff(even though my whole basement smells like it)

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pocket » Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:58 am

out of play do? are you serious? hows that work out when the epoxy is cured does it fall off? or do u gotta hack and whack at the play do to get it off the epoxy?

ok got another thought i was reading your thread john B i read something about Styrofoam and accetone. would this do the same thing as gas and Styrofoam? so if i got a nice and gooey slap of dissolved Styrofoam would i be able to form it into the shape then coat it in epoxy?

pocket
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:13 am

Seeing you enjoy reading:

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-%22make%22-plastic/

All you need to know about the meathod is there. And play dough is soft, just pull it off the epoxy when it is are done curing.

"Did you ever stop to think that out of the seven deadly sins envy is the only one which doesn't give the sinner even momentary pleasure"-George Will
john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pocket » Sat Dec 20, 2008 10:52 am

ok wow i feel like a frigging idiot i just used the search button and found nonames how-to on vortex blocks and when looking at the material he called "acrylic" i realized that it is very similar to Lexan now it turns out that i have a crap load of it from helping out making community hockey rinks.

Thanks John i thought that accetone would have the same effect on Styrofoam as gasoline *shh tells everyone not to get an admin* found this out when we used to make homemade napalm in high school

would this link you gave me work if i made a mold out of play do?

pocket
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread postAuthor: john bunsenburner » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:05 am

I guess but be careful that the plastic is fully cured and maybe put some kind of lubricant onto the finished mold, just to make sure. I once tried the napalm thing in my basement, it didnt work so i got pretty pissed and just set everything on fire(i might be a little pyromaniac...)

john bunsenburner
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: pocket » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:04 pm

didnt think that this would be worth making a new topic so here goes
what do you guys think the difference would be weather or not i use shrouds on the vortex block or not. would it effect the ROF? produce more jams?

pocket
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: noname » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:11 am

If you use a full 360 degree vortex hole, put shrouds on. If not, then leave them off; shrouds just jam up partial hole vortex blocks.

noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Discussion