Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 69 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 65 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

XRV and its possibilities

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets.
Sponsored 
  • Author
XRV and its possibilities

Unread postAuthor: 30cal man » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:55 pm

Hello i am new t the forums well as a member. I have actully been visiting these forums since there were two the spudfiles one and the spudtech forum. I finally decided to join anyhow i was watching a video on youtube a guy made what he calls an Xplosive Release Valve which i thought was a very simple and interesting idea anyone thought about taking this mechanism to the next level like a semi auto of some sort. heres a link to the youtube video i found encase you may not have seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf4t9EnXxrs

oh and i would also like to take the time to ask anyone if they have heard anything on the AJAX automatic airgun or maybe they found out what or how it works

30cal man
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: inonickname » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:02 am

The XRV has been brought up numerous times here. While it's a good beginning point it's really just a manual hammer valve; i.e. poor flow and low opening times. It isn't "explosive"- especially compared to a piston or burst disk.

It could be adapted to a semi-automatic valve (and opening times improved) by adding a reciprocating hammer; eg. solenoid. With an electronically controlled solenoid there would definitely be full auto potential.

And about the AJAX airgun, there has been discussion about it and several members have e-mailed him about the workings but have had no response. There's not really any info on the subject.

Welcome to spudfiles

PimpAssasinG wrote:no im strong but you are a fat gay mother sucker that gets raped by black man for fun
inonickname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: 30cal man » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:08 am

thanks for the welcome i emailed SAGE aswell about the AJAX with no response other then i will get another email when it is released disapointing to say the least i can see some parts of the ajax as the shroud of the reciever seems to be a bleach or toilet bowl cleaner bottle as the air chamber seems to be a 2 or 3l bottle and i think i see a copenhagen can too

asfar as the XRV i was wondering if it could be scaled up for more power does anyone have a nice blowforward bolt for a .177 or .22 caliber system that dosent severly bottleneck flow

30cal man
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: THUNDERLORD » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:23 am

... the shroud of the reciever seems to be a bleach or toilet bowl cleaner bottle as the air chamber...

Maybe Ajax brand? IDK seems likely for some reason... :roll:

... asfar as the XRV i was wondering if it could be scaled up for more power does anyone have a nice blowforward bolt for a .177 or .22 caliber system that dosent severly bottleneck flow

I like this one of JSR's for .177 or .22 cal.
Seems like it could have similar or better performance than a production airgun. I had mentioned an idea to mount the spring externally (maybe in a shroud like a flash suppressor at the muzzle) and have the entire barrel move rather than the bolt. The trigger would simply latch to the barrel.
There it is:Image

One of my favorites. Although I'm sluggishly working on a .375 blow-forward bolt, with a piston valve, high pressure design myself now.

I liked the design in the vid, The guys accent was cool, and the speed he speaks in. Enjoyable vid. Thanks!
Anyway, welcome to SF's.
I used to lurk on spudtech myself also, then after being away it was gone. Luckily, I noticed a few of the designs on here and eventually signed up too. 8)

-----SPEED,STRENGTH, AND ACCURACY.-----
"Procrastination" is five syllables for "Sloth".
Theopia 8)
Born To Be Alive!

THUNDERLORD
Major General
Major General

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Discussion