Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

New commercial BBMG's- Umarex Steel Storm and EBOS

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

New commercial BBMG's- Umarex Steel Storm and EBOS

Unread postAuthor: kozak6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:01 pm

Umarex Steel Storm

Image

Specs:
.177 steel bb only
430 fps
30 round fixed magazine, 200 round reservoir
Weight: 2.70 lbs
Barrel Length: 7.50"
Overall Length: 15.00"

It doesn't actually offer full auto, just semiautomatic and 6 round bursts.

The preorder price looks to be $80-ish, which is a heck of a lot more affordable than the Drozd. One distributor claims it won't be available until June.

It's blowback operated, as opposed to the Drozd..

One thing that has me a little troubled is that it takes 2 CO2 catridges, but I don't know how many shots they offer.

At any rate, it looks like I'll have to budget for one.

Umarex EBOS

Image

Specs:
Caliber: .177 bb only
Velocity: 540 fps
Capacity: 500 rounds
Length: 34.75"
Barrel: 9.7"
Weight: 3 lbs
Electronic trigger control
2, 4, or 8 round burst
Powered by 88g CO2 cartridge
Price: $110-ish

This one is quite interesting. It seems more Drozd Blackbird inspired, with the electronic trigger control, 88g CO2 cartridge, and very high capacity.

The electronic trigger control shows some promise. I know the Drozd is very easily converted to true full auto, so I wonder if this one will be can be similarly converted. It also seems easier to convert airguns that take an 88g cartridge to a paintball tank, so this one could really offer some rock and roll.

I didn't see any release date information, so who knows when we'll see it.

There's also no rate of fire information for either model.

Also of note, they also have several new blowback bb guns, the most interesting of which is an H&K MP5K-PDW. If it fires from an open bolt, it would be very easy to convert to full auto as well.

Page 42- caution pdf file 9.37 mb Edited by jrrdw.
http://www.umarexusa.com/Umarex/PDF/201 ... log_lr.pdf

Page 42 only- pdf file 543 kb
http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.ph ... 34957&da=y
  • 0

Last edited by kozak6 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.

kozak6
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:14 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Nice, looks like a cross between the MP7 and the TMP. No batteries then?
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: kozak6 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:33 pm

I think so. Pyramyd Air advertises it as blowback.
  • 0


kozak6
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:14 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: deathbyDWV » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:01 pm

I will so buy one!!!
I was thinking about buying a drozd for a while but the price just wasn't good...
  • 0

Life's too short to mark off the items on your wish list...
User avatar
deathbyDWV
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 4:02 pm
Location: Owasso, OK
Reputation: 2

Unread postAuthor: Marffy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:38 pm

Why do people need a .177 cal full-auto mp7? is it for target practice? you can't shoot your friends with one of these. I'd like to have one but i don't see the point in a full auto. i'll stick with my pump-master 760 :)
  • 0

"Hard work has a future pay-off. Laziness pays off now."
User avatar
Marffy
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: earth
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Davidvaini » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Marffy wrote:Why do people need a .177 cal full-auto mp7? is it for target practice? you can't shoot your friends with one of these. I'd like to have one but i don't see the point in a full auto. i'll stick with my pump-master 760 :)


Well you see...

There are these things called wants.. they are things that people don't exactly need but are still fun to have...

Here is the definition of the word "Want":

desire: feel or have a desire for; want strongly


It is similar to the word "wish", if you know what that word means.

Many people on this forum do things not for necessity, but for fun.
  • 0

User avatar
Davidvaini
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1315
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 8:58 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Marffy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Davidvaini wrote:
Marffy wrote:Why do people need a .177 cal full-auto mp7? is it for target practice? you can't shoot your friends with one of these. I'd like to have one but i don't see the point in a full auto. i'll stick with my pump-master 760 :)


Well you see...

There are these things called wants.. they are things that people don't exactly need but are still fun to have...

Here is the definition of the word "Want":

desire: feel or have a desire for; want strongly


It is similar to the word "wish", if you know what that word means.

Many people on this forum do things not for necessity, but for fun.


very true. It would be fun to use one of these. i'd just prefer a different something... everybody has different wants
  • 0

"Hard work has a future pay-off. Laziness pays off now."
User avatar
Marffy
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: earth
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:43 am

kozak6 wrote:I think so. Pyramyd Air advertises it as blowback.


Saw that, if so it would be interesting to see what the burst limiting mechanism looks like.

Marffy wrote:Why do people need a .177 cal full-auto mp7?


Only a tiny percenatage of the projects we make here are actually needed, but we do them anyway. If you strip away everything that's unnecessary from life you're left with very little.

Here's a future life tip:

Future wife: Why do you need to buy another gun? You already have loads in your cabinet!

Future you: Same reason you need another pair of shoes ;)
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: django » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:28 am

Damn, looks great!! if only I could smuggle one into Australia but sadly its impossible :roll:
  • 0


django
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:33 pm
Location: Australia
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Marffy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:25 pm

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
kozak6 wrote:I think so. Pyramyd Air advertises it as blowback.


Saw that, if so it would be interesting to see what the burst limiting mechanism looks like.

Marffy wrote:Why do people need a .177 cal full-auto mp7?


Only a tiny percenatage of the projects we make here are actually needed, but we do them anyway. If you strip away everything that's unnecessary from life you're left with very little.

Here's a future life tip:

Future wife: Why do you need to buy another gun? You already have loads in your cabinet!

Future you: Same reason you need another pair of shoes ;)


funny, you are right. but i don't need 50 people to tell me why. so yeah...
  • 0

"Hard work has a future pay-off. Laziness pays off now."
User avatar
Marffy
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:03 pm
Location: earth
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: bradisfun » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:57 am

django wrote:Damn, looks great!! if only I could smuggle one into Australia but sadly its impossible :roll:


yeah it is, unless u took like a sailling trip 2 some where that sell's them and the com back and muck up a gd story
my friends hav smuggled bb guns into aus by plane no idea how tho
  • 0


bradisfun
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:48 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:27 am

bradisfun wrote:my friends hav smuggled bb guns into aus by plane no idea how tho


Be that as it may, it's not really something you should be discussing on a public forum.
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:37 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Future wife: Why do you need to buy another gun? You already have loads in your cabinet!

Future you: Same reason you need another pair of shoes ;)

As is always the way with me, I have a comic link for EVERYTHING.
  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

Unread postAuthor: Brian the brain » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:48 am

But that is just a matter of perception really...
  • 0

Gun Freak wrote:
Oh my friggin god stop being so awesome, that thing is pure kick ass. Most innovative and creative pneumatic that the files have ever come by!

Can't ask for a better compliment!!
User avatar
Brian the brain
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 3494
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:06 am
Location: Holland
Country: Netherlands (nl)
Reputation: 29

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:54 am

Ragnarok wrote:As is always the way with me, I have a comic link for EVERYTHING.


It's when you start linking to furry comics that it gets a tad disturbing :shock:
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Next

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'