Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 72 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Building a tube fed bolt action

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Building a tube fed bolt action

Unread postAuthor: PAweaponTech » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:30 pm

I have some parts lying around and decided to make a tube fed bolt action rifle. I'm using WE closed bolt components and would like to know how to mod a gas release valve or valve knocker to release gas then close with no movement of the piston/cylinder components.

Last edited by PAweaponTech on Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PAweaponTech
Private
Private

Re: Building a tube fed bolt action

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:31 pm

remove the striker lock from the trigger group so it wouldn't keep the valve open even without the bolt cycling. Then perhaps a weaker hammer spring to further reduce the valve opening duration, since it no longer needs to cycle the bolt, just fire a BB instead.

CpTn_lAw wrote::D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: PAweaponTech » Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:24 pm

wyz2285 wrote:remove the striker lock from the trigger group so it wouldn't keep the valve open even without the bolt cycling. Then perhaps a weaker hammer spring to further reduce the valve opening duration, since it no longer needs to cycle the bolt, just fire a BB instead.

Not to sound like an idiot but what is the striker lock?

PAweaponTech
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:52 pm

The WE valve striker (the little tip that pushes the valve on the magazines to release gas/co2 once hit by the hammer) locks in position to keep the valve open and will only unlock when the hammer is reset. In comparison the WA/G&P/INOKATSO does not have this lock and have a little lever to lock the gas release valve on the magazine.ImageThe "U" shape thing with the spring in the middle of it.

CpTn_lAw wrote::D "yay, me wanna make big multishot pnoob with 1000 psi foot pump compressor using diamond as main material. Do you think wet bread make good sealant? " :D
wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: PAweaponTech » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:59 pm

Alright. I already took that park out for my semi only trigger group. The issue is that the valve knocker doesn't release after I pull the trigger. It dumps all the gas.

PAweaponTech
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: wyz2285 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:25 pm

Thats why I said also to change the hammer spring to a weaker one.

wyz2285
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: PAweaponTech » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:18 pm

wyz2285 wrote:Thats why I said also to change the hammer spring to a weaker one.

Thank you for all your help man. I think at this point though I might just use a solenoid and run it off an Arduino microcontroller. But I do appreciate your help on figuring out the trigger system.

PAweaponTech
Private
Private

Sponsored

Sponsor

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Discussion