To sum up the details of the vortex block:
1. Length is about 4 inches back to front
2. Diameter is just under 1.5 inches
3. Vortex hole is 3/4 inch
4. Block is sealed with O ring.
5. Front of block is tapered down to 1/2 inch for side feeding of bbs.
6. skirt was tried but caused misfeeding.
7. Inside of block is grooved for bbs to follow during firing, from the air inlet port to barrel. Front of block is not grooved.
The front block is much the same, only it allows the barrel to go through with a very very tight fit. Front block is also sealed with O ring.
Build Material: Delrin
Overall length of PVC tube is 18 inches.
Diameter or PVC tube: 1.5 inch pipe sch 40
Pressure rating 400 psi
Barrel: aluminum, 24 inches
In pic 1. The vortex block is at the right side of the pic in the rear of the tube. The PVC sticking out to the top on the left side of the tube is the bb loading port, sealed by a cap.
The electrical tape is holding PVC scrap to allow the gun to be tight fitted into another pvc pipe.
With all of that being said, would a half block work better? I am also getting the impression that the brake line or copper tubing will yield better performance.
A cloud might me easier to build, but I like a challenge.