Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 40 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 35 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Sentry Gun Project

This area is for the discussion of BB or airsoft sub machine guns, and or other small arms such as pellets.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:17 pm

Yeah, you're right. I've got a lot to learn and I am trolling :wink:
But at the same time I am right
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Unread postAuthor: JeffSinger » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:30 am

You're right that those are your opinions. They will totally change though once you've actually tried some things yourself.
  • 0


JeffSinger
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:26 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:42 am

OMG which part of my post you don't understand...?
sure yours sort of works... that's great but IMHO it isn't worth the price


Lol why the #### do I care??
It's your problem not mine... I don't need even need one
You're selling this stuff... you're the guy who should make it better not me
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:59 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:OMG which part of my post you don't understand...?
sure yours sort of works... that's great but IMHO it isn't worth the price


Lol why the #### do I care??
It's your problem not mine... I don't need even need one
You're selling this stuff... you're the guy who should make it better not me


Some people like me were willing to pay the price, I'll admit it was the lazy option but it seemed reasonable enough for me.

In my opinion any discussion of RC servos/stepper motors is moot until actual working prototypes using the different systems can be compared, because only then can any significant advantage of either system in terms of performance can be discerned.
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: JeffSinger » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:25 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:...

Now you're making it really obvious that you're trolling. I don't know what you're so upset about. You mad because it's not open source? You want everything handed to you for free? The world doesn't work that way.
  • 0


JeffSinger
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:26 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: ramses » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:44 pm

now you're trolling. There's been way too much of that lately.

Jack, how's your turret coming?
  • 0

POLAND_SPUD wrote:even if there was no link I'd know it's a bot because of female name :D
User avatar
ramses
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1679
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 6:50 pm
Reputation: 3

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:30 pm

ramses wrote:Jack, how's your turret coming?


I actually made a 3mm o-ring detent BBMG that works very nicely, I just need to connect it to the servos.
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:31 am

I don't know what you're so upset about
Hmm let's see...
1. you're shamelessly advertising your own product
2. you pretend to be someone you're not
3. you say that step motors and servos suck, just because you'd have to spend more time to get them to work the way they should. However you state that RC servos are the best (again just because it is the easiest option - not the best)
4. you repeat over and over again that step motors suck. Well... believe it or not, but a step motor with an encoder becomes a servo.
The question is - why you haven't used a real servo motor not an RC servo ? Point 3 already answers that question
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:59 am

POLAND, I understand your concerns as being valid however shouldn't they be taken to PM, or at least a separate RC servos vs stepper motors/open source vs commercial software thread? Perhaps a patient mod could clean it up?
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: JeffSinger » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:48 am

POLAND_SPUD wrote:
I don't know what you're so upset about
Hmm let's see...
1. you're shamelessly advertising your own product
2. you pretend to be someone you're not
3. you say that step motors and servos suck, just because you'd have to spend more time to get them to work the way they should. However you state that RC servos are the best (again just because it is the easiest option - not the best)
4. you repeat over and over again that step motors suck. Well... believe it or not, but a step motor with an encoder becomes a servo.
The question is - why you haven't used a real servo motor not an RC servo ? Point 3 already answers that question
Build something yourself. Then you can come back and tell us about how all of those assumptions you were making turned out to be wrong. I'll be nice. I won't say I told you so.
  • 0


JeffSinger
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:26 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:33 pm

I don't know if you're fully aware of this but SF does not exists as a free advertising platform for your company. If you post here you can expect ppl to ask questions

By answers I don't mean -> 'step motors suck, servos suck, RC servos are far superior than anything that exists... and ma turret is so f###### advanced that you have to buy one or you is dumb and stupid', 'build one yourself' etc. :wink:


It has become rather apparent that you're not better than all those dudes spamming the internet with 'ads' such as
Ritalin, viagra, prozac... cheap.... visit XXXXXXXX.com


Last time I checked you actually have to pay for advertising... that's how it works in real life.
So find yourself a site, blog or forum where you can post a few links to your vids and get responses such as 'dude that's f##### awesome!!', ' You're a ####### genious' etc.

That might actually help you to sell more kits... unlike discussing stuff with ppl who aren't retarded...
...responses along the lines of -> 'the reason why I won't provide any answers is because the topic so complicated that it can't be expressed with words / build one yourself / you is trollin'
do not sound very convincing for some of us
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

Unread postAuthor: JeffSinger » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:41 pm

POLAND_SPUD wrote:...

You sure are getting exited about this turret stuff. Now channel that enthusiasm and start building something. You can do it!
  • 0


JeffSinger
Private First Class
Private First Class
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:26 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Gippeto » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:43 pm

PS....you SURE you're Polish? Sounds lika ya got yer IRISH up. :P :lol:

Image

Git 'em! :twisted:
  • 0

"It could be that the purpose of your life is to serve as a warning to others" – unknown

Liberalism is a mental disorder, reality is it's cure.
User avatar
Gippeto
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 2394
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:14 am
Location: The Great White North...Canada eh!
Reputation: 11

Unread postAuthor: irisher » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:29 pm

^ Gotta love the fighting irish. :D
  • 0

User avatar
irisher
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 420
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:53 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:23 am

@gippeto
thx for your support :?

@JeffSinger
Now channel that enthusiasm and start building something. You can do it!
Told you I am not interested in this. I might build one for fun of doing it but I don't need one.

I don't have to build one to prove anything. Your selling crap not me
You do it for money, not me
If you want to convince someone that you're good at what you're doing or that your product/services are better, then get on your knees, open your mouth and show me you're special

...in a metaphorical way

:wink:

You joined this site just to spam/advertise... not to discuss anything. Go praising your turret, and bashing your competition somewhere else
I despise ppl like you


I suggest you to either admit the truth or GTFO
...before I decide it would be a good idea to teach you a lesson by posting links to this opensource project ( http://sites.google.com/site/projectsentrygun/home ) on every forum/blog/site that you spammed with links to your site and videos
( yeah, dude I've done some research... I see there are jeffs singers all over the internet)

Think how many potential customers you'll lose...
  • 0

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
User avatar
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5405
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:43 pm
Country: Israel (il)
Reputation: 10

PreviousNext

Return to BB/Airsoft/Pellet Gun Discussion

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'