Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 80 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 76 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Doodmens, Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Christmas '07 Combustion Project

Built a combustion cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: STHORNE » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:44 pm

wow, very nice job.. very clean and nice, compact set up.

one of my favorite guns for reference now lol.

i'm definitely book-marking this page! one question though....

how did you set up the circuit board for the spark gaps? I've been trying to make the same concept but its unpredictable and only works some of the time.

could you please post blue prints of the piece so i can see how you made it?

thanks -- sthorne

STHORNE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: starman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:18 am

sthorne wrote:how did you set up the circuit board for the spark gaps? I've been trying to make the same concept but its unpredictable and only works some of the time.

could you please post blue prints of the piece so i can see how you made it?
thanks -- sthorne

I got the idea for this from Latke's site ( http://www.burntlatke.com ). I have no blueprint for the board. I just used a general purpose electronic breadboard from Radio Shack... here's the pic...

Attachments
100_0019em.jpg
I used only the bottom 1/2" or so of the board and used the holes for mounting on the stungun conducting screws. It easily took the curvature of the pipe.
starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:59 am

Looks great! I agree with the original comment earlier... most people don't have the patience to sit down and build a nice cannon like this. Hell, my next project has about three different types of pipe in the general chamber area, painted fittings from a former project which are scratched everywhere from the pipe wrenches, and it's all gonna be thrown on a stand made of 2X6"s hinged together so I can fold it all up. In short, my next project will look like a Charlie Foxtrot.

Most people, like me, have a bit of ADD when it comes to building cannons. :P I get about halfway through what I PLAN to build, and then see a shortcut and take it in a flash.

Once again great job!

LSU!

Just kidding. Even though I'm going there next year for school, I don't really care about their football. People are a bit stupid around here when it comes to that, actually...

mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: koolaidman » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:56 pm

Rit im guessing? im guessing your son is in engineering, just curious. Im entering ME there next fall.

koolaidman
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: starman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:59 am

koolaidman wrote:Rit im guessing? im guessing your son is in engineering, just curious. Im entering ME there next fall.

Yup, well Computer Science actually....like father like son ehhh... He's presently got the gun over at his apartment on campus, wowing all the guys over there...leaving me spudgunless for the moment... :( That's OK I'm working on my own...

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Database