Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 75 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 70 guests


Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

BL-520T

Built a combustion cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

BL-520T

Unread postAuthor: jagerbond » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:36 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTXeqQvRDOE[/youtube]

Tactical Series
<a href="http://ultimatespudgun.com/520t-spud-p-258.html">BL-520T </a>
Designed exclusively for our <a href="http://ultimatespudgun.com/uhmw-compound-round-p-222.html">UHMW compound rounds</a>.

450 FPS
1000+ft/lbs. energy
1.2-1 C-B ratio
Broom stick fore grip

New Items
Sureshot AR-15 pistol grip igniter set up <a href="http://ultimatespudgun.com/pistol-grip-igniter-p-243.html">(AR-101)</a>
Sureshot DIY fuel metering kit (available soon)

Also
Sureshot barrel offset kit <a href="http://ultimatespudgun.com/offset-coaxial-p-212.html">OCK-520</a>
Sureshot take down assembly <a href="http://ultimatespudgun.com/barrel-take-down-assembly-p-229.html">TDA-201</a>
Sureshot muzzle brake <a href="http://ultimatespudgun.com/standard-muzzle-brake-p-228.html">MB-201</a>

BL-625T & BL-629T coming soon.
  • 0

Attachments
BL-520Ts.jpg
Last edited by jagerbond on Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Sureshot Inc. / http://www.ultimatespudgun.com
Image
User avatar
jagerbond
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Hawaii
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Looks nice, any idea what the price will be? How often do people actually buy these cannons?
  • 0

Last edited by SpudBlaster15 on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
User avatar
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Canada
Country: Poland (pl)
Reputation: 3

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:56 pm

Looking good as all ways.
  • 0

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
User avatar
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator
 
Posts: 6540
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:11 pm
Location: Maryland
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 25

Unread postAuthor: littlebro05 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:57 pm

Spudblaster15, welcome to consumerism (if that's a word).

People COULD BUILD something that cost 1/10 the price but obviously the processes and thoughts jagerbond puts behind each design is what draws out the maximum power of each shot.

+ some people might not have the craftsmenship like Jagerbond and his mates do so their finished product wouldn't look as clean as it could be. Sorry if I'm sounding like answering the question, but you'd be surprised.

Plus, I don't think you should be asking this kind of stuff on the forum anyway, curiousity killed the cat as they said.

P.S. Looks like a military / militia spudgun :D I like, too bad it's illegal to own one in Aus.
  • 0

It's Nerf or Nothing.

Don't start crying when I play this as my hobby, Paintball, Airsoft and Nerf are equally good hobbies, except you can play Nerf in public. Good day! Hmph!
User avatar
littlebro05
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:04 am
Reputation: 1

Unread postAuthor: starman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Interesting new fueling setup you have there...looking forward to some detail on that. I like how the tank just screws in a you're ready to go. The camlock breakdown is also the way to go.

Have you considered offering a foam cut out gun case you could fit all the broken-down parts into for storage and transport?
  • 0

User avatar
starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator
 
Posts: 3041
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:45 am
Location: Simpsonville, SC
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: rcman50166 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:53 pm

Interesting. At 1:12 watch the screw cap on the back. I noticed smoke escaping during the shot but it also seems, upon further inspection, that the cap comes loose, perhaps jumping a couple of threads. Do my eyes deceive me or am I correct?
  • 0

Image
User avatar
rcman50166
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 697
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:11 pm
Location: Bethel, CT
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: roboman » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:05 pm

I didn't notice any loosening, but I did see the smoke.
  • 0

ilovetoblowthingsup wrote: The yellow/orange back fits super snugly, very nice in fact, but the head does not fit.
User avatar
roboman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:18 pm
Location: Long Beach, CA
Reputation: 0

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Unread postAuthor: Moonbogg » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 am

In the video preview it looks like something is broken on that back of the gun? What am I seeing there?!?!
  • 0

User avatar
Moonbogg
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1375
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:20 pm
Location: whittier, CA USA
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jagerbond » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:47 am

SpudBlaster15 wrote:Looks nice, any idea what the price will be? How often do people actually buy these cannons?


Price will be $600 and include 3 UHMW rounds, kits will be around $350

Sold 3 cannons today... Like I said before, this is not the industry to get rich in. Our margins are low, our service is great, our customers happy. We are not some cheapo imported brand that you find at Walmart. We strive to bring high end quality products to a niche group (BL series), quality components at reasonable prices (regulators/igniters) and enjoy sponsoring spudfiles.


Starman wrote:Interesting new fueling setup you have there...looking forward to some detail on that. I like how the tank just screws in a you're ready to go. The camlock breakdown is also the way to go.


Thanks Starman! The metering system is a simple ARO 3 way. We built some aluminum parts around our regulator and nested the valve in. The metering tube is easily changed for any size rig.

Starman wrote:Have you considered offering a foam cut out gun case you could fit all the broken-down parts into for storage and transport?

Interesting Idea

rcman50166 wrote:Interesting. At 1:12 watch the screw cap on the back. I noticed smoke escaping during the shot but it also seems, upon further inspection, that the cap comes loose, perhaps jumping a couple of threads. Do my eyes deceive me or am I correct?


Expanding gas is escaping.. The threaded caps go on almost all the way before they seal good. Admittedly we're a little lazy and usually only screw them on 6 or 8 revs. so we get a little blow by. No the threads aren't jumping.


Moonbogg wrote:In the video preview it looks like something is broken on that back of the gun? What am I seeing there?!?!


Hahaha... Looks like we're inspecting the chamber for that gas leak. Actually what you see is the Youtube preview is mid transition, to be more exact "disintegrate" transition. Looks crazy, I changed the preview clip but it may take 6 hours to reflect.
  • 0

Mike
Sureshot Inc. / http://www.ultimatespudgun.com
Image
User avatar
jagerbond
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:33 am
Location: Hawaii
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:01 am

jagerbond wrote:Sold 3 cannons today... Like I said before, this is not the industry to get rich in. Our margins are low, our service is great, our customers happy. We are not some cheapo imported brand that you find at Walmart. We strive to bring high end quality products to a niche group (BL series), quality components at reasonable prices (regulators/igniters) and enjoy sponsoring spudfiles.


Well said, and I don't see why the cost issue has to come up everytime one of your products is posted - you pay your money and you get what you pay for, end of :)
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 am

jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:Well said, and I don't see why the cost issue has to come up everytime one of your products is posted - you pay your money and you get what you pay for, end of :)


It's just that $600 is well beyond the scope of what the majority of spudders are willing to pay for a single launcher. The market for $600 spud guns is extremely small, and it surprises me to see that a company which manufactures exclusively such products can turn enough profit to stay in business.

Anyway, enough about the cost/sales. I know I initially brought it up, but it's time to move on with the discussion.
  • 0

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
User avatar
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 2385
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:12 pm
Location: Canada
Country: Poland (pl)
Reputation: 3

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:24 am

SpudBlaster15 wrote:It's just that $600 is well beyond the scope of what the majority of spudders are willing to pay for a single launcher. The market for $600 spud guns is extremely small, and it surprises me to see that a company which manufactures exclusively such products can turn enough profit to stay in business.


You can't/shouldn't speak for "the majority of spudders" you don't know every one's finances or what they can or cannot afford to buy.

This has been said over and over people who buy them CAN afford them or they wouldn't buy them. If you have the money it's a great way to have fun, after all that's what it is all about...
  • 0

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
User avatar
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator
 
Posts: 6540
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:11 pm
Location: Maryland
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 25

Return to Combustion Cannon Database

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'