Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 72 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 68 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

mini combustion pistol

Built a combustion cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
mini combustion pistol

Unread postAuthor: boyce123 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:11 pm

This was a cannon i decided to throw together out of random spare parts. I didn't have any fittings, and didn't want to go buy any, so i made a couple endcaps oiut of 1/8 in aluminum plate and straped them on the ends. I fuel (with anything combustable, i've had success with propane, butane, hairspray, and ether) through a 3/8 in hole drilled in the top of the chamber. The chamber is around 8 in of 4 in pvc, with a 2 ft piece of 3/4 in pvc as the barrel. Getting mixes right is pretty much impossible right now, so i plan on adding a small chamber fan. The only thing i've shot has been small pieces of potato (so i don't have any damage pics/ or videos, i might be able to after i get a chamber fan, but small computer fans cost around $20 where i am...), the potato chunks at least go around 200 ft, and have a decent amount of power when i shoot something close range. This thing is unsafe, and i'm suprised that it hasn't blown up in my face yet...

boyce123
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: mattyzip77 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:42 pm

If its that unsafe why are you even using it. Have you seen my stupidest question thread?? Guess whos comment just made it there????

Go Bruins!!!!
mattyzip77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: boyce123 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:21 pm

my last quote seems like a good candidate for that thread... if applied to a reasonably powerful cannon. I should give the thing more credit as far as safety is concerned. the pressure it generates probably doesn't even compare to a poorly designed, inefficient spray and pray, and the holes and leaks further prevent further build up of pressure that would deem it unsafe.

boyce123
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Combustion Cannon Database