Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 43 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Goin BIG!

Built a combustion cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Re: Goin BIG!

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:15 pm

Calcium carbide isn't a solid propellant, it's not the propellant at all. These designs are powered by the combustion of acetylene in air. Also, the rules don't have any restriction on solid fuels, it's solid or liquid explosives that are the concern. Even then, things are a bit unclear. Some solid explosive mixtures, like black powder, are not allowed for discussion while others, like aluminum/water mixtures, have no such restrictions. There remains an exciting and largely unexplored grey area involving things like liquid oxygen and nitrogen tetroxide :roll:

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: dart guy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:35 pm

Horay! I love loopholes!

when life gives you lemons... make root beer and leave the world wondering how you did that :D
dart guy
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: BowerR64 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:35 am

Just wanted to stop in and say im still alive, no mishaps.

I havnt shot mine much since the forth of july, the KC Royals won a few games in october and i had to celebrate with a few blasts each game they won.

New Years is next, time to dust off the cannons and crack open the carbide for another round of noise!

Anyone giving one of these a thought, you need to try one they are great! Build a thundermug type, thats been the best one ive built so far. The most used of any of them.

BowerR64
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Database