Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 41 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

project simplicity

Built a combustion cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
project simplicity

Unread postAuthor: chriskr200 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:16 pm

this is the third cumbustion cannon i built. the chamber is 2 inches wide and about 18 inches long and the barrel is 3/4 inch wide and about 3 feet long. i bought the ignitor from lowes for 10 dollars. here are the pics

ImageImageImage

chriskr200
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: M3NT4L » Wed Aug 02, 2006 2:22 pm

Thats a nice small caliber simple design but... why so much tape it would look hella better without the pate and a new paintjob. On another note do you have any damage pics?

M3NT4L
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: chriskr200 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:08 pm

the tape is because i dont have any paint at my mothers house, and everything for it was bought for under 30 dollars. i am a minor also. damage vids coming soon, i still have to make ammo.

chriskr200
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: beebs111 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:35 pm

i reccomend some 3/4" dowel with the blunt end of a screw screwed in. very good ammo for me :D

in the upcoming presidential election, there will be several candidates who will be running, one of whom is Hillary Clinton. Now WAIT A SECOND!!! I though there was some sort of rule that prevented someone from serving more than two terms in office. Vote Against Hillary: Presidential Elections 08
beebs111
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: chriskr200 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:22 pm

sorry i cant post a vid today.. i had some difficulty putting the right amount of fuel in there and i just ran out. tommorrow or the next day i am going to be going to lowes for some fittings for propane injection and compressed air injection. i have to do all this with out my dad know as he threw out my first one for shooting an old paint can. does anyone know how much a foot of hose, some barb fittings, two ball valves, and copper pipe would all cost together?

chriskr200
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: beebs111 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:51 pm

dont forget the torch head, regulator, and tank of propane. why are you going to use compressed air injection? i hope to god its for venting

in the upcoming presidential election, there will be several candidates who will be running, one of whom is Hillary Clinton. Now WAIT A SECOND!!! I though there was some sort of rule that prevented someone from serving more than two terms in office. Vote Against Hillary: Presidential Elections 08
beebs111
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: WOW!! » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:12 pm

i hope to god its for venting
Me too! And for the propane injection you dont "need" a regulator, I just use my calcluations set at 90PSI (Tank pressure at room temp).

(\__/)
(O.o)
(> <)
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

My girl friend says I dont listen, at least thats what I think she said...
WOW!!
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: beebs111 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:26 am

well i just would'nt want him to try a 3x mix in that thing :lol: i strongly reccomend use of a regulator when the cannon is this small, just a little bit off and youll have an over mix, and you'll have to vent and start again.

beebs111
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: chriskr200 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:56 am

well actually the compressed air injection is saving time when i use aerosols. if i spray to much, i just add a little bit of air. then when it fires i can vent with it.

chriskr200
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: beebs111 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:09 am

trust me, once you use propane, you will never go back to aresols again :wink:

beebs111
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Combustion Cannon Database