Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 62 users online :: 7 registered, 0 hidden and 55 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Baldyforks, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Updated 4" over/under cannon

Built a combustion cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Updated 4" over/under cannon

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:14 pm

I decided to add a fan to my over/under combustion (who wouldnt miss self ventilation and proper mixing of the fuel and air?), and revamp the handle to be easier to hold. I also wanted to try dual spark gaps. Here is the result.

Dont see a battery, wiring, or fan switch, do you? That is because everything aside from the screws that act as mounts and electrodes for the fan (I like having immediate access to all wire to screw connections, and the screw heads themselves) is mounted inside the barrel support. The support can be split in half with the removal of a single hose clamp, making it very easy to access the battery, switch, or wiring for maintenance.

I ran into a little mishap when I was trying to remove the screws holding the fan in place in order to replace them (the heads were severely rounded). The cheap, zinc plated screws snapped off, leaving a stub threaded into my chamber. After much cursing, I drilled them out. However, if you have ever tried drilling a steel screw (regradless of how soft) out of plastic, you would have realized that it is no easy task. I ended up making the hole so large, that I was forced to thread a 1/4" screw into it. It had previously held a 1/8" screw. No worries, and these puppies wont be snapping off any time soon.

I really like the wire covers that I made for my smaller cannon, so I decided to make some for this one aswell. They do a good job of keeping with the "exposed screw, concealed wire" idea. The handle is made using 1.5" pipe and fittings, and is in the most comfortable postion for firing I have tried.

I havent fired it using this configuration yet, but I am expecting everything to work nicely.

BTW, please dont tell me to paint it.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: killagorrila99 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:21 pm

Bloody good job there matey!

"I'm sorry, Mr.Bush cant come to the phone right now, He's playing cleudo with Mr. Cheney And he has him in the Cupboard with a broom stick" -White house receptionist.
killagorrila99
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: experament_u2 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:52 am

nice cannon i like all the hiden wires and stuff im making a golf ball cannon that uses that design to

good job 8)

experament_u2
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: Killjoy » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:45 am

Besides looking good, and no sign of a wire in sight, the fact that you won't actually catch one of the wire on something and rip it off is a great thing (i learned the hard way...15 times). Great job.
The Indian

Killjoy
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:08 am

Killjoy wrote:Besides looking good, and no sign of a wire in sight, the fact that you won't actually catch one of the wire on something and rip it off is a great thing (i learned the hard way...15 times). Great job.
The Indian

Thanks... yeah, loose wires are a pain. I learned the hard way also. This is what my first gun looked like at one point...

I must have went through 3 bags of those crimp connectors, as each time the wiring would snag on something, the wire would be pulled out, rendering the connector useless.

Thanks for the comments guys.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Return to Combustion Cannon Database