Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 64 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 58 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], csitas, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

T-MAXX ( over/under, metered, stun gun, fan) tatter gun

Built a combustion cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jjjd » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:10 pm

k i got a question for u guys, in an over under does the curve affect the c:b ratio?

jjjd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:16 pm

Because you do not ram the projectile through the curve, it effectively increases the chamber volume.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jjjd » Tue Dec 05, 2006 10:26 pm

k thnx

jjjd
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: Pyro Ninja » Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:18 am

Thats sick
cool paint job
I thought when i read the heading' that it was mounted on a t max rc truck lol
my misake
great cannon :D

Pyro Ninja
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: mark.f » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:45 am

Nice taxi.

It brings me great joy, (not really), to see more people with jobs, a wife, kids, and more responsibilities take out the time to build spudguns. That means the hobby's catching on. 8)

mark.f
Donating Member
Donating Member

added a vent valve today

Unread postAuthor: TATERSALAD » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:22 am

I got to shot it a few times today, It is very cold here today. I increased the pressure from 40 to 60 psi. It is holding up very well. I made a modification to the end cap. I added a 1" PVC ball valve so I don't have to unscrew the vent cap now. By the time I get the potato in it is ready to go. I did not take into concideration the extra pipe in the 90's in the C:B ratio. I am not going for the fastest or the longest shot. I am just having fun. So far it has shot every time I pull the trigger so I am very happy. Here is a pic of the vent valve. I drilled a hole and used a 1"x3/4" threaded bushing to join the two. The bushing has a lip on it so it is very tight. I also added a little glue just for good measure. BH
[img]

Attachments
vent resized.jpg
TATERSALAD
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Walsh_3rdE » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:29 pm

B-E-A-S-T !! !! !! !!

hmm i wanted to be an electrition once but my work experience company sayd id have to go to yr 12 to get an appretership with them - i told them they were crazy. I figer if i go to yr 12 i might as well do somthing that can possable get me more money ... oops off topic ...

you cannon is awsome dude , paint job is like Ronald mc donald

Walsh_3rdE
Private
Private

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: TATERSALAD » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:22 pm

287 FPS with the 2" barrel, potato and map gas. The 1.5' barrel could not brake 200 fps.

TATERSALAD
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: nicholai » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:45 pm

markfh11q wrote:Nice taxi.

It brings me great joy, (not really), to see more people with jobs, a wife, kids, and more responsibilities take out the time to build spudguns. That means the hobby's catching on. 8)

hah, ive got all of the above and i even find time to support those who dont have the time to build their own! Dont mean to brag but i like to show my good work and hardworking nature when i can. Im a madman, i pride myself on being a "bust my balls" worker at my full time job, and spud guns.

Kick ass paint job man! that cannon is absolutly KICK ASS! I like how you did the checkered flag look with the yellow and black. A+ on the effort!

nicholai
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:15 pm

TATERSALAD wrote:287 FPS with the 2" barrel, potato and map gas. The 1.5' barrel could not brake 200 fps.

That doesnt sound right. You should be achieving double those speeds. Make the barrels longer.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Database