Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 55 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 51 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Mini (not like others)

Built a combustion cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Mini (not like others)

Unread postAuthor: fom » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:10 pm

Well I made it out of a small water bottle I found and thinwalled plastic tubing i found lying around, it shoots batteries, tape balls qtips wrapped in tape (the q tips when fired will penetrate cardboard) and many other things that fit in the barrel, the other barrel is made from pen tube that shoots 6mm bbs in shotgun style, i taped on a bbq ignitor and use butane as fuel.
This thing is DAM powerful, oh and the silencer works perfect, all it is, is a pill bottle.

Last edited by fom on Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:17 pm

Looks good, any damage pics?

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: fom » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:18 pm

SpudBlaster15 wrote:Looks good, any damage pics?

no but if i take a pointy screw and shoot it, it will penetrate garbage cans and CPU cases.

fom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: medievalman » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:29 pm

Looks nice, a little too much tape though.
And do you have anything besides a cell phone to take pics?

medievalman
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: fom » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:35 pm

medievalman wrote:Looks nice, a little too much tape though.
And do you have anything besides a cell phone to take pics?

Did I ask for critism no, do I give a crap no, its not a self phone its a bad digital camera, only 4 mega pixel plus the flash made it relfect so I had to turn it off so it made it blurry (dont ask how too long).

If I dont have the tape on it makes the plastic warp, I constantly had to remake with a new bottle so I tried taping it and it fixed the warping problem.

fom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:37 pm

Those were not taken by a cell phone medievalman. The resolution is too high, they were most likely taken by a digital camera with below average lighting in the room.

Nothing wrong with tape, what else are you supposed to use to attach components to a gun made from such a container? Hose clamps? Pffffft!

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Scope » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:37 pm

If you are posting your cannon on a website that is viewed by alot of people who make some rediculous guns please expect to get some critisizm... Other then that nice gun!

Scope
Captain
Captain

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: fom » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:39 pm

Scope wrote:If you are posting your cannon on a website that is viewed by alot of people who make some rediculous guns please expect to get some critisizm... Other then that nice gun!

Yeah I guess so...Jealousy! w00t

fom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:41 pm

Scope, He has already posted a very nice combustion gun in this section, I think he deserves a little respect. Not everyone wants to build complex, expensive guns every time they want to launch something.

SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: fom » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:45 pm

SpudBlaster15 wrote:Scope, He has already posted a very nice combustion gun in this section, I think he deserves a little respect. Not everyone wants to build complex, expensive guns every time they want to launch something.

Yeah, I just threw it together and it works awesome for inside the house, I'm only 13 so don't expect me to be making hybrids, I spent a lot on my metered MAPP (with stun gun ignition) so all I wanted was something simple.

fom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: experament-u2 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:07 pm

i think its kool i would get some black tape to go over the white stuff tho

nice gun tho

experament-u2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: fom » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:16 pm

experament-u2 wrote:i think its kool i would get some black tape to go over the white stuff tho

nice gun tho

I dont see why everyone likes black so much, white kicks ass

fom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: medievalman » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:44 pm

wow, you dont need to blow up. i just personally believe that you used a little more tape than what was necesary. and i thought it was cell phone pics, because blurriness is a "disorder" that cell phone users have. sheesh... i didnt mean your gun was bad, it looks preety cool infact, but i guess you just cant understand that...

medievalman
Captain
Captain

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:15 pm

When useing digital camra's with the flash off, try useing the timer function, that way you can hold it really still, thats why they turned out blury, thats what i do, i use the timer, mine gives 4 beeps and on the 3rd i know it's time to hold my breath if i want a crisp pic.

Mini's are cool i think, i've seen a bunch of them come through here in the past year. No offence to the other builders but sgort has build the best that i've seen so far. A q-tip through carboard, i bet thats a hell of a woop sound when it hits! Maby build darts for it, seems to be good ammo for mini's.

P.S. -- On a side note, edit out the killing people part. That kinda talk isn't tolarated around here. Pssst, read the forum rules.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: fom » Wed Jan 17, 2007 8:02 pm

medievalman wrote:wow, you dont need to blow up. i just personally believe that you used a little more tape than what was necesary. and i thought it was cell phone pics, because blurriness is a "disorder" that cell phone users have. sheesh... i didnt mean your gun was bad, it looks preety cool infact, but i guess you just cant understand that...

yeah sorry about that, I was pissed off at something else when i wrote that.

@jrrdw
Thanks for the tips, do you have a picture of sgorts mini?

fom
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to Combustion Cannon Database