Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 79 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 76 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Built a combustion cannon? Then post it here! This section is for completed, finished cannons that you have built. Please include pictures and information.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:12 pm

Use a Bar-B-Que igniter, save a camra. Or go all out, get a stun gun set up.

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: paddo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:49 am

try using something like 'start ya bastard' for fuel. any car starting sprays. the couple of types i have tried contain like 24% ether. very good for this type of application. don't use wd-40 or flyspray or anything like that you need something that wont easily gum up or liquify on the walls of the chamber. because if you use something that sticks to the walls it doesn't explode and then when you try again the new fuel finds it much easier to stick aswell and you need to let it dry or something.

Re: Boom!

Unread postAuthor: Pyromattiac » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:05 pm

UdderDestruction wrote:I Call it Boom!, I think my freind and i are going to use a capacitor from a camera as the igniting mechanism any other simple suggestions are appreciated! And Yes this is my first potato cannon

is that from "Backyard Ballistics" if its not great job but there is one in there that looks exactly like it and thats what mine looks like. if you dont have the book get it cuz its pretty cool

Unread postAuthor: UdderDestruction » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:02 pm

nope i just asked a guy at home depot about the body and devised that i use a throwaway camera because i had just made the whole disposable camera tazer and i saw that it sparks

Return to Combustion Cannon Database