Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 78 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 73 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

First Timer w/ a metering system??

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:36 pm

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: DYI » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:48 pm

Yeah, I know.

I don't really think that it harmed anything very much though, did it?

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:04 pm

It didn't really harm anything, but significant figures can really come back to bite you in the ass should you ever desire to take a high school science course.

I usually stick to Pressure = ChamberVolume*0.042/MeterVolume*AtmosphericPressure for regular combustion guns, because in my experience, potatoes form rather terrible seals, and the incoming propane volume will force 4.2% of the chamber's original atmosphere past it. Calculating what the original chamber volume is (100-Fuel%)% of is useful for hybrid launchers though. Keep in mind however, that to be as close to accurate as possible (well, assuming no mixing of the residual propane in the meter and the chamber gases), the rise in chamber pressure should be calculated, and that pressure should be added to the propane meter pressure to compensate for the increase in residual volume (unless of course you use my original hybrid design, which I don't use any more on account of "absurdly large fuel meter volume" syndrome affecting my mix accuracy at higher pressures).

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Spitfire » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:20 pm

BigGrib wrote:Math Hurt Head..............................................

A unfortunate truth. But one cant live without it.

Spitfire
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: q » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:47 am

crap...

well i just inspected my wye fitting and it si in fact a dwv fitting. With a combustion chamber of this size should I be worried about this and scrap the project or what????? :oops:

q
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion