Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 40 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

semi-technical question

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: ralphd » Thu May 08, 2008 6:58 pm

I was the same way(cautious)when I built my first one. Then, when I heard the first BOOM...that was it! Now I use propane and will start mapp soon. I was even considering a hybrid but maybe in the next life. As long as you took the time and effort in building it and choosing the right parts you shouldn't have a problem. I used to get a lot of misfires when I first started, then I reduced the amount of "spray" and tada.....boom.

ralphd
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: dongfang » Fri May 09, 2008 6:32 am

Hi,

I can second that about propane. Opposite popular belief, it will not shatter your gun if it's reasonably well constructed, and it will not nuke your whole neighborhood. It's just a nice, clean, easy to meter and residue-free fuel.

Get one of those aerosols for cigarette lighters, and install a tiny bushing in the gun that fits the nozzle. I used a hollow threaded rod, 5mm I think.

Regards
Soren

dongfang
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: JDP12 » Fri May 09, 2008 7:24 am

yea propane IMHO is safer because you can determine how much you are putting into your gun.

plus it burns better and cleaner- no crud on the electrodes

"Some say his pet elephant is pink, and that he has no understanding of "PG rated forum". All we know is, he's called JSR. "
JDP12
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion