Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 57 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 52 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Does it work??

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: ralphd » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:27 pm

They do fit but very tight compared to a potato. I pushed one through and it seemed to get stuck because it expanded a bit. I'm not sure what ball lube is...KY..but I coated the inside with car wax to ease my nerves.

ralphd
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread postAuthor: PVC Arsenal 17 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:34 pm

I've been launching tennis balls since last year. Brand new Penn's. I never cut them or anything. They're a tight fit but that's a good thing.

PVC Arsenal 17
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: vovka351 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:03 am

Thats what i figured would be the end result. Except i am launching from a pneumatic. Ooops--combustion cannon thread. Too bad, this should be under ammo discussion anyway.

And nobody cares if i destroy tennis balls, so impacts wont be an issue either.

vovka351
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: magnum9987 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:15 am

Hotwired wrote:You have to use high quality tennis ball lube to prevent jamming in the barrel, low quality stuff can damage your balls.

:D :D
Sorry, pervertedness aside, It should be safe, as long as you cut a hole in it like hotwired said.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... Revolution in the absolute is not initiated by swords, guns, and bullets, but by words-
The New RobesPierre
magnum9987
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: McFear » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:52 am

lol screw (pardon the language) lubing, or cutting the tennis ball. the only time i have been scared to shoot a tennis ball was when i wrapped it in a rag to make it tighter and couldnt get it in te barrel.

the tighter it is within reason, the better seal it has and will shoot further. i shoot them al the time and its a tight fit. works better then when it doesnt seal.

Fear

McFear
Private First Class
Private First Class

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion