Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 67 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 64 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Cellular core

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: DYI » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:43 pm

A good rule of thumb for spray'n'pray chambers:
If you can't break it by throwing at the ground, and you can't rip it apart with your bare hands, it should be good. If it fails the first test, you're putting yourself in a lot of danger, and if it fails the second test, well...

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: starman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:50 pm

I still say bury it...especially with the location of your ignitor. Cell-core just isn't good practice with these things. You can do a better job on your next one anyway, right.... :wink:

Home Depot and Lowes both sell 2' sections of pressure rated 3" and 4" PVC, Project pipe or something like that....should be plenty for your chamber. Next time, locate the hole for your ignitor and screws for gaps etc, where there are 2 layers of PVC.

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Unread postAuthor: redalpha11 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:32 pm

so i just sleved it wiht 4 inch schedule 40 and it fits perfectly. i am going to but a bolt or something on the hole then epoxy it. then i am going to put 2 drywall screws next to the pvc clenout valve. so it will go thourgh 3 layers of pvc.

redalpha11
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: brogdenlaxmiddie » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:42 pm

redalpha11 wrote:so i just sleved it wiht 4 inch schedule 40 and it fits perfectly. i am going to but a bolt or something on the hole then epoxy it. then i am going to put 2 drywall screws next to the pvc clenout valve. so it will go thourgh 3 layers of pvc.

sounds good

brogdenlaxmiddie
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: starman » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:57 pm

redalpha11 wrote:so i just sleved it wiht 4 inch schedule 40 and it fits perfectly. i am going to but a bolt or something on the hole then epoxy it. then i am going to put 2 drywall screws next to the pvc clenout valve. so it will go thourgh 3 layers of pvc.

OK good.. :wink: Maybe a little overkill there...but you're getting the idea.

starman
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion