Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 46 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], jimmy101, MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

My 3rd spud gun plans

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
My 3rd spud gun plans

Unread postAuthor: elad311 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:04 pm

Those are my plans for my 3rd spud gun:

Do you think it will be powerful? :D

O, and, spud gun can be made out of soft PVC pipes without exploding?

elad311
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: CS » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:53 pm

No it is not going to be powerful, and you should make it out of hard PVC. *sarcasm*

No but really...

Do you realize just how vaguely you used the word "powerful"? And what do you mean by soft - and I would assume hard - PVC?

On the end of your chamber you want a 3" female adapter, with a 3" threaded plug. For pure aesthetic reasons I would suggest "butting" all close fittings together by using a length of pipe slightly under the combined depth of both socket fittings. (which you appeared to already due in your diagram) Also you may consider this:

"Recoil puts a lot of stress on the elbows, barrel supports clamping the chamber and barrel together are recommended to reinforce the launcher and keep the barrel steady."

CS
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion