Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 53 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: Spudnyk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Depending on what type of Cannon you constructed if it's a traditional spray and pray in the rear of the gun where the cap is make a little bracket I have mine mounted to a hinge so I can clean the chamber whenever. I also used a momentary button and little led so I know the fan is working when the cap is closed and used a radio shack project box to hold it. Looks custom!

Unread postAuthor: McCoytheGreater » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:29 am

Simple sheet aluminum you get at a home improvement store works fine for making a bracket. It's relatively cheap and very easy to work with. A pair of tin snips will shear straight through it, and it does look pretty nifty and all custom-like. Here's a picture of ours. Notice the spark gap behind the running fan and brass fittings for the propane inlet. (You don't really have to notice it. I just thought it was neat)

Chamber fan with "custom" mounts.
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion