Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 56 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 53 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

M1 bazooka build

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
M1 bazooka build

Unread postAuthor: sp1ke » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:52 pm

Before I start I would like to give credit for the idea and inspiration for this to biged http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/m1a1-ba ... 15933.html. I will be very happy with myself if my combustion version of his gun is near its level.

Anyways this will be my first build of spudfiles that I actually plan on finishing. I chose combustion because it seemed easier to me to make a high powered combustion inline gun rather that a pneumatic one. So far i think that to save cost and weight i will have it made of pvc pipes for the 2.5inch barrel and the 3inch chamber and metal for the propane tank holder, metering system. I also will get a thin walled metal pipe that will fit the pvc inside and attach metal sights, the tank holder and the grips and stock to, I will have holes cut in it for the propane meter to go through to the pvc. It will run on metered propane and have a meter, piezo ignition system, custom wooden grips and stock, breach loading, chamber fan, dual spark gaps, custom working sights, and stuff still in my head that I have yet to discover. I still have a lot to figure out but have started on making the propane metering system, grips, and stock.

I have attached a picture of what it should look like when finished

sp1ke
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:19 am

The picture didn't work buddy.

The bazooka is a good challenge for a first. Good luck with it. Also, check out an AT4. It may help you as well.

The one question I have is why have you chosen such a large barrel? 1.5" and 2" is common. The 2.5" barrel will shoot tennis balls, but it is rather large for the 3" chamber.

I am looking forward to this build. Good luck with it.

Hubb
Major General
Major General

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion