Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 42 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 37 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Homemade sparker.

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue May 17, 2011 9:21 am

Piezo ignitor ;) I think this is the best idea for starting out - cheap, easy to install and use and will happily ignite anthing up to a 15x mix reliably.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Tue May 17, 2011 9:36 am

Heh, thats what my friend thought... We sat there for almost 10 minutes clicking his until the hairspray went off, and his is brand new. Jack, I don't mean to offend you in any way, but it seems to me you don't really like me much.

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Labtecpower » Tue May 17, 2011 9:58 am

Then your hairspray mix isn't right. I filled a bottle with 3,2% butane following jack's syringe fueling, and it ignited every time at the first click with a piëzo.

I think you just read too little, and ask too much. I learned the most about fueling, piston valves and hybrids by just reading the discussion and showcase pages. Yes, it takes some time, but it's well worth it. Mastering the searching skillz also helps

:D

"ñøw mÿ šįg šüçkś!"
Labtecpower
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: warhead052 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:00 am

Lab, its just about 3-5 seconds worth of hairspray, and then I let a bit of air mix with it so its not just hairspray. Air + hairspray works almost the same as propane for some reason...

warhead052
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Labtecpower » Tue May 17, 2011 10:05 am

warhead052 wrote:Lab, its just about 3-5 seconds worth of hairspray, and then I let a bit of air mix with it so its not just hairspray. Air + hairspray works almost the same as propane for some reason...

Doesn't automatically mean you have the right mix...

The some reason is because hairspray uses a sort of mapp gas as propellant.

"ñøw mÿ šįg šüçkś!"
Labtecpower
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue May 17, 2011 10:10 am

warhead052 wrote:Jack, I don't mean to offend you in any way, but it seems to me you don't really like me much.

That's not the case, and I didn't want to give that impression. It's just that sometimes I forget that I too was young and impatient once. In general, you ask questions that show that you haven't really done your research, and be prepared for those sort of queries to attract snide remarks.

The tendency on this forum is that members are more inclined to help out those who have looked to answer a question for themselves and come up short, as opposed to those who ask questions off the top of their head. Don't forget that most basic questions have been asked and answered ad nauseum over the past years, and this forum has a search feature that with a bit of care should yield the results you seek, without the need to start new topics.

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion