Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 43 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 39 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Home defence spudgun

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: POLAND_SPUD » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:45 am

I am surprised no one asked this earlier.... but have you considered:
1. pressurising your mix
2. using proper construction material like steel etc.
??

sure you don't need steel for a combustion but if you want to pressurise it (build a hybrid) then you need to use something stronger

Children are the future

unless we stop them now
POLAND_SPUD
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Unread postAuthor: Fnord » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:17 am

In Bulgaria on the other hand...

...The laws are probably even worse :)

But no, I honestly couldn't remember where he was from. Anyway it would probably be a good idea to at least put a few layers of tape around that bottle. There's not much safety factor there currently. Have you taken any damage pictures to compare between various propellants? It would be interesting to see how the numbers line up with gasEQ.

Fnord
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: RamboNucke » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 am

The large and heavy combustions have little advantage over the coke bottles. Large pvc combustion chamber failure is incredibly more dangerous then exploding coke bottle(only the bottom forms nasty fragments). I have a little dream of making another gun like these so far but a hybrid. But I forget any reliability(I've had small coke bottle hybrids). A good burst disk pneumatic(again with bottle) would be a little more powerful then my combustions so far. For a hybrid, steel chamber really "pays off". I don't have interest brutal "artillery type" devices. I like things cute, harmless at first site, for an apartment :D , most of all cheap :D . Currently my biggest challenge is to make a coke bottle hybrid rocket :iroc: I have little experiance with butane. I'd say powerful, but unreliable and dangerous. First attempt-butane+air+O2, too much butane, no ignition. I add O2, it blows up :? Butane with N2O, blows up. I was done at that point :)

RamboNucke
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:45 am

RamboNucke wrote:I don't have interest brutal "artillery type" devices. I like things cute, harmless at first site, for an apartment :D , most of all cheap :D

have a read through this thread: http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/mini-hy ... 21655.html

long but I think you will find that powerful high mix hybrids don't have to be big or expensive ;)

jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: RamboNucke » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:53 pm

Yea hybrids are bad ass. They are powerful and can even shoot in space. You inspired me to make a fun little indoor shooter(crappy combustion trough for noise reasons)

RamboNucke
Corporal
Corporal

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion