Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 66 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 61 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Some tips if possible please

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Some tips if possible please

Unread postAuthor: Houseton » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:34 pm

Hello I am new to the forum, been looking around for a long time to accurately build my first spud gun (golf ball launcher).

Just had a few questions for anyone who has built one or could just guide me in the right direction.

So when you sleeve the SDR-21 into the 2" sch 80 pipe do you need to solvent them together?

I've calculated the size of chamber (1.5:1) as 14" of 4" sch 80[rounded from 13.5"]

Now when connecting the barrel to the chamber I'll need a fitting that goes from 4" to 2", but the SDR-21 will just be sitting there no? It seems like I would need to glue them together or else risk having the pipe launch out?

I was also looking at the cam lever way of joining the barrel to the chamber but it's hard to find those fittings where I am.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Other info:
I'll be using ether (car starter) as the fuel. and would be wrapping my gun in fiber tape. I'm going to be using a electric BBQ starter as the sparker.

Thanks

Houseton
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: dart guy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:14 pm

make a drawing of your idea and how you think it will work and the improvments will come in quickly.

when life gives you lemons... make root beer and leave the world wondering how you did that :D
dart guy
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: Houseton » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:45 pm

Hey thanks for the info. I'm going to do so before the build but I'm referring to this:
http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/golf-ba ... t5915.html

Number 2:
So you glue the SDR-21 in the 2'' pipe is my biggest and most needed to know question.

Houseton
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: dart guy » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:11 pm

i mean make a pic on paint to show how you want to assemble your cannon

when life gives you lemons... make root beer and leave the world wondering how you did that :D
dart guy
Major
Major

Unread postAuthor: Technician1002 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:40 am

It does need to be prevented from blowing out. It does not need to be glued. On a pneumatic I made, with a 2 inch screw on barrel (ABS) a golfball barrel simply slid inside as an insert with a flange on the end so it could not fall on through.

I'll see if I can find a pic and post it later. Edit, Didn't find a pic posted on SF of this golf ball barrel insert. May have to take a new photo and post it after the forum is back up.

Technician1002
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion