Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 14 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 12 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Golf Ball Cannon - Suggestions Please!

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Golf Ball Cannon - Suggestions Please!

Unread postAuthor: mgv2 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:32 am

I have just recently built a simple design combustion golf ball cannon mostly of ABS material. While the combustion chamber consists of 4 inch ABS pipe, the barrel consists of a 1-1/2 inch CL200 PVC pipe which is similar SDR21 pipe. I sleeved the SDR21 with 2 inch ABS for additional safety. I needed to wrap the SDR21 with several layers of think construction paper to fill the gap. The golf ball fits this pipe perfectly leaving just a small gap. Luckily for me, the tapered end of the barrel and excess cement glue prevents the golf ball from entered the chamber. The issue that I am facing is that the barrel must always be in an incline when loading the chamber and aiming or the golf ball slides out. I have seen others using toilet paper or some sort of paper cradle which prevents the ball from sliding out but looking for other options or suggestions. I have attached a picture of the cannon as reference.

Thanks

Attachments
2018-08-26 12_30_06-Window.png

mgv2
Private
Private

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion