Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 51 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 46 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], csitas, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Self Contained Hydrogen Repeater

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Re: Self Contained Hydrogen Repeater

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:40 am

Can't find the papers for the moment, but from memory, laminar flame front speeds of propane in air at 1 bar ~ 0.4m/s, hydrogen in air ~100m/s, they're both much faster (between 4 and 10 times faster) in stoichiometric mixes with O2 and at pressure.

Good point to reinforce the weapon if you are going to burn hho.This youtuber has an experiment on this.
I already uploaded this video somewhere here, I leave the link: https://youtu.be/94cziFN82So?list=PLE30C3FD533F36B65

Actually I'm planning the improvised, and improvising what's planned!
hectmarr
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: keks2033 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:17 pm

I also did the hydrogen gun. The sound of the shot is very sharp and strong, but the bullet flies slowly. Perhaps this is because the tank is small.

keks2033
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:00 pm

I also did the hydrogen gun. The sound of the shot is very sharp and strong, but the bullet flies slowly. Perhaps this is because the tank is small.

At what pressure does the hho compress the combustion chamber? Or shoot at atmospheric pressure? I ask because I can not understand anything in the video. In the future I will try to learn the Russian language, apart from English, (and my own better one). :shock:
It would be good to see the physical properties of this gas, density, for example. Is it denser than air?

Actually I'm planning the improvised, and improvising what's planned!
hectmarr
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: keks2033 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 pm

At what pressure does the hho compress the combustion chamber? Or shoot at atmospheric pressure? I ask because I can not understand anything in the video. In the future I will try to learn the Russian language, apart from English, (and my own better one). :shock:
It would be good to see the physical properties of this gas, density, for example. Is it denser than air?[/quote]
hydrogen burned at atmospheric pressure,I was afraid to squeeze it.

keks2033
Corporal
Corporal

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion