Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 82 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 78 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

C:B Ratio.

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: Karatedude13 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:11 am

joannaardway wrote:1:1 is in my opinion the best compromise - It goes Bang quite well, without too much power loss.

Personally, I prefer quieter cannons, because I live in a sub-urban area, so I keep my C:B ratios low for both combustions and pneumatics to avoid too much noise.

So, if building a combustion, I'd do it with a .7:1 to .8:1 ratio, and my Pneumatics tend to reside in the 1:1 to 1.5:1 ratio.

No. I tried multiple different combustion chamber sizes in my experiment. The 1:1 out-performed the 1.5:1. In other words, the 1.5:1 created more loss of power than the 1:1. That, and it was nice and LOUD. However, my longest shot was actually obtained using a 1.1:1 ratio, but its average distance was the same as the average distance of the 1:1.

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:12 pm

Perhaps you should reconduct your experiments. Using a fixed barrel length, increasing the chamber size will result in an increase in performance, but a decrease in efficiency (moles of fuel to muzzle energy).

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Major General
Major General

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion