Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 84 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 80 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Ignition type?

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: chaos » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:47 am

nicholai plz tell me how i could purchase and "ignition source" i am in a stun gun restricted state

cheers C@SE-G :twisted:

chaos
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Pete Zaria » Mon Jan 22, 2007 3:58 am

Just have someone buy a stun gun, take the circuitry out, put it in a $3 RadioShack project box, and send it to you. As soon as it's in a project box and not a stun gun housing, it's no longer a weapon; it's now a high-voltage step up circuit used to ignite propane.

I'll do it for $5 more than the stun gun costs :) I can get 100kv stun guns for $17 with shipping, so that'd be $22 + shipping to you, probably a little under $30 total. You can also buy an ignition box from Gort, I think Pimpmann sells them too.

Peace,
Pete Zaria.

Pete Zaria

Unread postAuthor: chaos » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:14 am

ok kewl so how/when/how much?/currency exchange to aus dollar? can i get money to you to do this? i have been researching stun gun circuits but im finding it hard coz im newish to these kinds of circuits so i think should buy 1 and learn from there reverse engineer it kinda.

C@SE-G :twisted:

chaos
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: Zimdale » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:26 pm

what I did today is get a neon light transformer. line two wires up in there and have a very hot constant arc to light it. Worked perfectly for a while then the transformer stopped working :( Wasn't so great because ya had to be near a plug too but you could shoot it off one after another didn't even have to let it vent.

What im doing now is taking apart a camera and making a sparker that way. Have a lightswitch on the bottom of the gun that makes a VERY hot spark which should light it up...

Zimdale
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion