Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 89 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 84 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], davey0, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

combustion paintball?

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Unread postAuthor: Hubb » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:12 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
Hotwired wrote:Downside it is it has to be a pump action to cool the marker enough to prevent the components from getting too hot.

I thought it had to be a pump action because they had to use it to drive a pump as a method to vent the chamber quickly enough, because they didn't have any other way - not because of overheating.

They don't currently even have any way to make a working prototype in semi as I understand.

It's a little bit of all of that, but more so with what Ragnorok said than overheating.

Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Jared Haehnel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:37 pm

I've done it too. Using 3/4 inch pvc sch40. Works well but the barrel was too long and it wasn't very good. I scrapped it. Also long as you keep the chamber small and you don't use propane. The piant balls don't fly any faster then that from a piant ball marker.

I even made a piant ball shot gun with a two inch barrel and a three in chamber. Packed the barrel full of piant balls and squeeze the trigger perfect for defending a fort. But the long reload time an the fact it was kind of unreliable I ended up scapping it. We used it a few times but it became a one shot weapon. (devastating though :twisted: )If I had used propane it would have been alot more reliable. But I didn't want to put the money in to it.

But unless you've got some good hard earned experiance making these kind of things I wouldn't be shooting piantball at people. Even then test it with a cronograph. Welts from piantballs markers that are turned up to high suck bad enough. Some of the cannons I've biult would leave alot more then just a welt.

Jared Haehnel

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion