Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 49 users online :: 3 registered, 0 hidden and 46 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

cam locks?

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
cam locks?

Unread postAuthor: igotpron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:11 pm

ive got a 2" cam lock and im curious what do you guys shave down to make the 1.5" barrel fit? do i go to town on the barrel? do i go to town on the cam lock? or do i do a bit of both till they fit?

igotpron
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Pete Zaria » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:26 pm

Wait, what? I don't understand.

If you want to make the barrel pass through the camlock (breech loader style) just get a 2"-1.5" reducer, file/dremmel the ridge out, attach the reducer to the camlock, and insert the barrel. You shouldn't need to modify the camlock at all, to the extent of my knowledge...

Please explain what you want to do in better terms so we can understand and help.

Peace,
Pete Zaria.

Pete Zaria

Unread postAuthor: igotpron » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:18 pm

the 2" camlock i have does not allow 1.5" pvc to pass through it i did a breech loaded system with the filed out reducer about 6" back on my barrel and my cam lock had female threads on the female side and male on the male side. but like i said the 1.5 will not pass through.. amd i just supposed to make a slug cutter and not have a breech loaded cutting barrel?

igotpron
Private
Private

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion