Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 40 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

new gun design! help!

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: nightmare » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:30 pm

thanks for the posts, im planning on it being a breach loader where you open it up (like in the game), as far as rotating that will just add further problems. im almost possitive on the design im using, the only things i need now are a trigger system that puts out a spark (might have to make a custom for this) and some advise about the fuel and length.

nightmare
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: Karatedude13 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:47 am

Um... That's a good question. I did a project for school earlier this year involving chamber to barrel volume ratios, and with a single chamber and a single barrel, I found a 1:1 volume ratio to work the best.So, I would make the chamber big enough that its volume equals the combined volume of the two barrels. Its only a guess, so I'm not certain that it's right, but I think it might work.

Karatedude13
Private
Private

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion