Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 66 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 62 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

I'm not getting Combustions

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: experament-u2 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:55 am

instead of doing all that tricky stuff on your first cannon just put a bike pump valve in the side of ur chamber and use a small bike pump to mix your fuel its alot cheaper and u never havto replace any batteries :lol:

experament-u2
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:27 pm

Thats a bit tedious and annoying to do that, plus it requirs you bring a pump. It also doesn't mix as well as a fan.

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: Insomniac » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:24 am

And if you pump it too high and the spud is tight enough in the barrel that it doesn't move, you have yourself a hybrid...........

Oh and you can't use it to make turbulence in the fuel like you can with a fan. (leave it running when you fire it)

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.
Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before.

Add me on msn!!! insomniac-55@hotmail.com
Insomniac
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: muddyspudman » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:18 pm

How do you install a camping fan?? a PC fan you can put right in side the chamber but not a camping fan??????

muddyspudman
Private
Private

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:57 pm

It is very easy to mount a camping fan inside a chamber. You just have to be a little bit creative. I mounted one in my combustion launcher, set up to be operated using a remote power source and switch, within 10 minutes of opening the package. Using some steel wire, some insulated copper wire, 4 screws, and 6 nuts, it was very simple.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: willarddaniels » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:23 am

I still can't see the NET benefit of using a hand held camping fan over a fan for cooling electronic devices. The mounting, compatability, contained blades, compactness, and existing wiring far outweigh the only? benefit of the hand held fan's superior cfm rating.
Just my humble, objective perception of the differences of the tools.

willarddaniels
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread postAuthor: StealthSpud » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:41 am

MrCrowley wrote:A fan people use for camping, e.g in tents at night it may get hot and stuffy in a sleeping bag.....why not use a fan and cool yourself down 8)

Hence the camping fan :P

Ha I'm sorry for the insignificance of this post, but MrCrowley that just made me laugh! Ha it's just all so obvious now! Camping...Fan...Use it when your camping! Ha :D

StealthSpud
Sergeant
Sergeant

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:54 am

willarddaniels wrote:I still can't see the NET benefit of using a hand held camping fan over a fan for cooling electronic devices. The mounting, compatability, contained blades, compactness, and existing wiring far outweigh the only? benefit of the hand held fan's superior cfm rating.
Just my humble, objective perception of the differences of the tools.

Initial setup of a camping fan may be somewhat more tedious, but 10 minutes of work aside, a camping fan's superior ability to move air (at 1/4 of the voltage mind you) far outweighs any benefits the CPU fan may have in setup ease. Whether the overall setup requires more effort can be debated also, as you dont even have to use an external switch or power source (though I do suggest it) in conjunction with the camping fan.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion