stupid rules. I've built plenty of spud guns but none with propane.
But yet you can go to ya local farmers shop and pick up a fence energizer that has more kick then a tazer
That leads me onto my next question
can i use this little sucker
12V BUDGET BATTERY ENERGISER
* Boundary length maximum: 1~2km (3000~6000ft) of live wire.
* Dimensions of case: 130x35x25mm (5.1"x1.4"x1.0")
* Weight: 190g (6.7oz)
* Power Requirements: 12 volt rechargeable battery of at least 10 Amp hours.
o A battery is essential for proper operation. You can simultaneously charge the battery with a transformer but you cannot operate the energizer directly from a transformer.
* Power Consumption: 0.1 Amp hours per day
* Output voltage: up to 9.5kV
* Output Impedance: 120 ohm dc
* Output Joule Rating: Typically 0.05 Joule.
o This design is unregulated. Output varies with battery & fence condition.
* Output Pulse Rate: Pulses occur every 1.2 sec.
* Weatherproof: Yes.
This would be used with a propane cannon and rigged to deliver 2 sparks