Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 35 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 30 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

dwv pipe

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
dwv pipe

Unread postAuthor: cork9 » Thu May 10, 2007 4:09 pm

is pvc dwv pipe safe? on the pipe it sais 280 psi but the fitting say nothing. they are both dwv. is it ok to use?

cork9
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: iknowmy3tables » Thu May 10, 2007 4:37 pm

pressure safe pipe will obviously be safe for dwv use (drain, waste, vent) so most or all pressure pipe will say DWV so unless there is no pressure rating nsp- pw or what ever it says It is safe, since your pipe says 280psi it is safe

iknowmy3tables
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: singularity » Thu May 10, 2007 8:08 pm

its dwv fitting you should be more concerned about there not that big of a deal in a combustion but in a pneumatic then can be very dangerous if not glued properly

be sure to check out my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/ak-style-airsoft-vortex-gun-t10959.html">AK Styled Vortex Gun</a> and my <a href="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/at-4-t9627.html">AT-4 Rocket</a>

upcoming projects... finalized clip fed BBMG and ball point pen sniper
singularity
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: meatballs » Sun May 20, 2007 11:05 pm

personally, i have used DWV fittings on pneumatics (usually by accident) with no major failures so far, but they are much less safe than pressure fittings. The main difference is how far the pipe slides into the fitting. For example, 2" dwv fittings let the pipe slide in ~.5 inches, whereas pressure fittings let the pipe slide in more like an inch. look carefully on the fittings, along the ends, if there's any writing it should say either NSF-dwv or NSF-pw. I assume this is for a combustion cannon since its in that forum, so you should be alright, but if your going to use metered propane with a small diameter barrel, or in some other way generate high pressure in the chamber, make sure you have pressure rated fittings. and like singularity said, the pipe is fine with a pressure rating. if you look, i bet it will also say NSF-pw somewhere. (its still fine even if it doesn't, a psi rating is all you need).

meatballs
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion