Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 69 users online :: 4 registered, 0 hidden and 65 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

copper guns

Post questions and info about combustion (flammable vapor) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
copper guns

Unread postAuthor: Spudgun on Crack » Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:59 pm

Just asking if you could post links to copper potato guns because i want to try to build a powerful rifle that can drive a marble or slug through 1/8in ply board from 100ft away. that looks tricked out with minimal parts.

I now have lots of copper fittings, tubing and every tool needed to work with them so it would be nice if i could see one that is already made.

Thanks

Spudgun on Crack
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: pyromaniac » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:03 pm

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... html#94752

the copperhead rocks. you said a tricked out look you got it. but try to think up some new desighns ok?

:pottytrain3:
pyromaniac
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:07 pm

<A HREF="http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/search.html">Search</a>

MrCrowley

Unread postAuthor: mopherman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:08 pm

mopherman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread postAuthor: hi » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:50 pm

the third one that mopherman posted is mine, just in case you want to know.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

3d models are here

Unread postAuthor: Spudgun on Crack » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:57 pm

HEY HEY I HAVE MY 3D MODELS WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Wana see, by the way this on is not finished so tomorrow i will have an updated copper gun with textures and things to put into the final design.

O and if you have a serious design i can make a 3d model for you which is nice thanks.

[img][img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.83253f99c0.png[/img]

[img][img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.ee681d71db.png[/img][/img]

Spudgun on Crack
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:59 pm

does anyone know where to get cheap copper?

i was in lowes, and i saw all the copper pipe, and then i saw the 2 inch copper... then i saw the price....

275 bucks for 10 feet!!!! GAHAHAHAAA

i guess its worth it for that cool copper shine............

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Sponsored

Sponsor

Unread postAuthor: Spudgun on Crack » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:12 pm

Those are pneumatic copper guns, are there any combustion copper guns to date because thats what i want to build, i don't have a problem with air powered but i do not have solenoid valves, just these crappy ball valves which are kind of hard to open.

also can you use a bicycle tire valve like this one to pump air into a copper gun?????? Because i don't have an air compressor and i need to get one. So a bike pump will have to suffice for know.

[/img]http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50114262/Bicycle_Valves.jpg[url]

Well i think i like copper better than pvc just because it feels more real,[/url]

Merged:

was watching a video on youtube and the guy said that you can fill a copper pipe gun with c02 is this possible? or nitrogen?

I have 2-20oz tanks and 3-9oz tanks not to mention a 88ci 4500psi nitro tank and a 49ci 3000psi tank.

if they can be charged this way do i need special valves because these tanks were made for paintball and i have many air lines for them.

Spudgun on Crack
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: VH_man » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:22 pm

if youre making a copper combustion do a pure oxygen/Mapp gas cannon. if youve got the infastructure, use it to the fullest extent (sure its not infastructure, but you get the point)........

VH_man
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: hi » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:25 pm

yes there are copper combustions, but only small ones due to cost.

you can use co2, but you need a regulator. strait from a tank and the thing would explode. i wouldnt take type M copper over 300 psi, but even that is pushing it.

"physics, gravity, and law enforcement are the only things that prevent me from operating at my full potential" - not sure, but i like the quote

you know you are not an engineer if you have to remind yourself "left loosy righty tighty"
hi
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: Spudgun on Crack » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:16 pm

I got some parts for a pneumatic copper potato gun which should be good but i ended up getting copper pipe coupling sections because they were small and precut i assumed they were the actual pipe but no they fit over the pipe so all the other fittings that i have won't fit the pipe. I was able to buy a 1/2 threaded ball valve, 2 male 1/2 inch adapters, 3/4in to 1/2in coupling and a 3/4in endcap for this but i do not have any pipe or propane for my torch so i have to go get that right now but this should lug things a few hundred feet!

The air storage tank is 2ft long of 3/4in pipe the barrel is 2ft of 1/2 inch pipe so it will be long and it will be a pain in the a$$ to fill with a bike pump!

here is a model of it.

[img][img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.f62a4bb09e.png[/img][/img]

Spudgun on Crack
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: Spudgun on Crack » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:33 pm

Check it out!

I got the pipe for the potato gun and i am building it right now, i still need a tire valve and propane to solder it together but as for the rest i have it.

http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/viewtop ... html#97487

I posted pictures so you can take a look but as i said it still needs to be soldered together.

It is one big gun over 4ft long lol, i hope it shoots really far and fast.

Spudgun on Crack
Corporal
Corporal

Unread postAuthor: mark0491 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:08 pm

Hey try your salvage yard for cheap copper piping i go thier for small engine parts and they always have some[/i]

mark0491
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: TurboSuper » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:29 pm

My pneumatic is part copper. I got like 20' of pipe for $3 at a garage sale.

Yay me.

"If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you" - Darwin Awards

TurboSuper
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Return to Combustion Cannon Discussion