Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 69 users online :: 3 registered, 1 hidden and 65 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

The Flyswatter-Igniter

Come find a how-to on how to do something, or come write your own for other people.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: ozoncqp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:45 am

Sorry for being a necromancer. But did anyone manage to get a copy of Jokkes how-to ? Seems like the link is broken, and at the mo I'm trying to mod my flyswatter recently stolen from my mother inlaw.

Yesterday I had several sparks flying from this thing, tiny but sparks. Today I tried to set it up on running either 9 or 12v but nothing happens. The green "on when you push the switch" led works but no sparks are to be found.

Then I reversed it back to its original 3v setup, same thing green led no spark.
So either I fried the circut or made an error in my mod.

Although it looks a bit strange on the board, nothing I've noticed till now, it is as if a few of the solderings looks fresh. And i didn't solder anything, could the 12v setup have managed to solder together 2 close gaps ?

whelp!
Michael

ozoncqp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: Jokke Himself » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:08 am

Hay again people. Actually, I too wonder if anyone got the image I uploaded. My computer got fucked up and formated some time ago, so I no longer possess my own schematics =(

If anyone got it, please upload at imageshack(or whatever) and post link :wink:

As for you ozoncqp
You might have fried the circuit. While using the 12v setup, You should not keep it sparking for longer then about 5-6 seconds to be on the safe side. I myself have probably fried 10 of them :lol: (it's actually that little box I can't seem to remember the name on that is right before the two points were you want the spark to be that seems to be dying on me)

"Never argue with idiots, first they drag you down to their level then they beat you with experience"
Jokke Himself
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread postAuthor: ozoncqp » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:57 am

Himself!
Aight I keeled it then. Nothing smells burned tho, guessing it's the thing that makes it click then. Ahh well glad it was a sponsor gift from the mother inlaw ;)

Thanks man though you left the forum as your last post was very old heh.
I'll hook the next one up with a 9v setup then.
I thank you Jokke.

ozoncqp
Private First Class
Private First Class

Previous

Return to How-To Guide Database