Login    Register
User Information
Username:
Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 74 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 69 guests


Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

How to deal with frustration

Come find a how-to on how to do something, or come write your own for other people.
Sponsored 
  • Author
    Message

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:15 am

MrCrowley wrote:Where do you find this stuff?


Have you heard of b3ta.com?

They have regular "image challenges", where a topic is set and everyone photoshops images according to the relevant subject. The "Dos Boot" was from the legendary "movie letter switch" challenge, where people had to take a movie title and change one letter -> check it out ;)

edit: seriously, look through them all, hilarious! I would quote a few but there are so many good ones I don't know where to start :D sadly as it's an old challenge some of the image links are defunct tho.
  • 0

User avatar
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member
 
Posts: 24225
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:28 pm
Country: Holy See (Vatican City State) (va)
Reputation: 66

Unread postAuthor: pizlo » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:18 pm

Something in my keyboard doesn't let me press more than 6 keys at once, poor me :oops:
  • 0

User avatar
pizlo
Brigadier General
Brigadier General
 
Posts: 783
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:27 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: Counterstriker » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:29 pm

Hmmmm...why would you need to press 6 at once?
  • 0

User avatar
Counterstriker
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue May 29, 2007 2:06 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: bigbob12345 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:19 pm

This is very effective I was just all frustrated by getting my grades back today and getting 3 F's a C+ a C- And an A and this has just cured the fear of my parents getting home and my dad asking what grades I got and me handing him a sheet of paper with this on it.
Thank you JSR
89 4q890p923543fgyj :D
  • 0

User avatar
bigbob12345
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1516
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:13 am
Location: Mercer Island,Washington
Reputation: 0

Re: How to deal with frustration

Unread postAuthor: SpudMonster » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:27 pm

MrCrowley wrote:
jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:
MrCrowley wrote:I'm watching the movie 8mm at the moment, I think that will do.


Do? That movie will generate the dreaded *faceskullheaddeskfloorcombo* :shock:


'tis not as bad as watching Das Boat in English just after watching the original 293 minute version in German (with English subs).

I don't see how people can stand the English dubbed version.


Speak of the devil! I watched the 293 minute subtitled version last night!
Why anyone would want to watch an english dubbed movie that is set on a GERMAN Unterseeboot in WWII, I will never know. Maybe they're the same people who enjoyed U-571...

v 8g gtb vv bb
  • 0

User avatar
SpudMonster
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Re: How to deal with frustration

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:10 pm

SpudMonster wrote:
MrCrowley wrote:
jackssmirkingrevenge wrote:[quote="MrCrowley"]I'm watching the movie 8mm at the moment, I think that will do.


Do? That movie will generate the dreaded *faceskullheaddeskfloorcombo* :shock:


'tis not as bad as watching Das Boat in English just after watching the original 293 minute version in German (with English subs).

I don't see how people can stand the English dubbed version.


Speak of the devil! I watched the 293 minute subtitled version last night!
Why anyone would want to watch an english dubbed movie that is set on a GERMAN Unterseeboot in WWII, I will never know. Maybe they're the same people who enjoyed U-571...

v 8g gtb vv bb[/quote]

Great movie is it not. I got the English version for the sake of seeing what scenes they cut out to get it down to 209minutes.

My favourite scene would have to be near the end, when they get the engines running and it shows an outside shot of the U-Boat in the water and the captain is yelling out. Well it's actually two scenes (the engine room and the outside shot) but I still love it.

Closely followed by the first Tipperary song they sing, and the captain says 'Den Tipperary-Song, wenn ich bitten darf', which means 'The Tipperary song, if you have no objections'. And then they all start laughing, it's great.

Favourite movie.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Re: How to deal with frustration

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:45 pm

...293 minute version...

That's too long for a film in my opinion. After nearly 5 hours, my attention starts to wander somewhat...

I couldn't ever nail down any one film as my single favourite. There are so many good movies.
There are some brilliant films I like a lot though - I always liked the scene from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" where you've got the warrior whirling the sword around, then Indiana Jones just shoots him.
Or from the later "The Last Crusade", where you've got Harrison Ford and Sean Connery arguing:
Indiana: "I came here to save you!"
Henry: "Oh yeah, and who's going to save you - Junior"
Indiana: "I told you..."
*shoves Nazi, grabs his machine gun and shoots everyone*
Indiana: "... don't call me Junior."
*Leaves room*
Henry: "Look what you did!"


Those are two wonderfully put together scenes, and the films themselves have to be amongst my favourites. The wonderful interaction between Connery and Ford in the last film shows what you can do with two great actors and a good director.
  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

Re: How to deal with frustration

Sponsored

Sponsor
 


Re: How to deal with frustration

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:07 pm

Ragnarok wrote:
...293 minute version...

That's too long for a film in my opinion. After nearly 5 hours, my attention starts to wander somewhat...


Well you havn't seen anything 'till you've seen the 293 minute version of Das Boot. Technically it's not a movie, it's a mini series, the Das Boot movie director's cut is 209 minutes I think, and the American release is around 145 minutes.

But the 'movies' are dubbed in English, while the 'mini series' is in German with English subs and has an extra 87minutes, hence it's superiority over the others.

I watched it over 3 nights, as I had it on my computer in 3 parts.
  • 0

User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: Necrosis » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:46 pm

n nhh

is all I got..
  • 0

Allthough we may be the most intelligent creature on this planet, we are also the most inconsistent.
To find peace within our existence we often create a logic that endangers our lives.
User avatar
Necrosis
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:03 am
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: jrrdw » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:53 pm

th e bestpart o f y our and ownyo u r mommasl eg <---- is what i got. My keyboard just insulted me and my momma!
  • 0

When life gives you lemons...throw them back they suck!
User avatar
jrrdw
Donating Moderator
Donating Moderator
 
Posts: 6538
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:11 pm
Location: Maryland
Country: United States (us)
Reputation: 25

Re: How to deal with frustration

Unread postAuthor: Ragnarok » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:46 pm

MrCrowley wrote:Well you havn't seen anything 'till you've seen the 293 minute version of Das Boot.

Well, I have done some long term viewing - I did decide to watch series 1 of Heroes over four nights - downloading the next episode as I watched each one. That was reaching over 4 hours viewing a night, but my brain slowly decided to give up on me...

@Jack: I shall keep the facepalmheaddeskcombo in mind for next time I read one of my own posts. Not sure my laptop will like it though.
  • 0

Does that thing kinda look like a big cat to you?
User avatar
Ragnarok
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff
 
Posts: 5339
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:23 am
Location: The UK
Reputation: 8

Unread postAuthor: daberno123 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:29 pm

a;va; oiha;iopoadoil;knva aKDNV

ahhhh much better
  • 0

User avatar
daberno123
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:56 pm
Location: Ohio
Reputation: 0

Re: How to deal with frustration

Unread postAuthor: SpudMonster » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:50 am

MrCrowley wrote:
SpudMonster wrote:
MrCrowley wrote:[quote="jackssmirkingrevenge"][quote="MrCrowley"]I'm watching the movie 8mm at the moment, I think that will do.


Do? That movie will generate the dreaded *faceskullheaddeskfloorcombo* :shock:


'tis not as bad as watching Das Boat in English just after watching the original 293 minute version in German (with English subs).

I don't see how people can stand the English dubbed version.


Speak of the devil! I watched the 293 minute subtitled version last night!
Why anyone would want to watch an english dubbed movie that is set on a GERMAN Unterseeboot in WWII, I will never know. Maybe they're the same people who enjoyed U-571...

v 8g gtb vv bb[/quote]

Great movie is it not. I got the English version for the sake of seeing what scenes they cut out to get it down to 209minutes.

My favourite scene would have to be near the end, when they get the engines running and it shows an outside shot of the U-Boat in the water and the captain is yelling out. Well it's actually two scenes (the engine room and the outside shot) but I still love it.

Closely followed by the first Tipperary song they sing, and the captain says 'Den Tipperary-Song, wenn ich bitten darf', which means 'The Tipperary song, if you have no objections'. And then they all start laughing, it's great.

Favourite movie.[/quote]

Yes, the engine room scenes were pure hardcore pornography for an antique engine freak such as myself :wink: Nothing like two straight-six MAN (Maschinenfabrik Augsburg Nuremburg) diesels running at 250 RPM.

(right after they manage to get the starboard diesel to start on what little air they have left)
"I think it's running."
"Who says you can't make something out of nothing?!"

That and the lines that the captain shouts once they get underway are just about my favorites out of the entire movie.
"They're all asleep in their bunks... They're all in the casinos, celebrating our sinking!"
  • 0

User avatar
SpudMonster
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:54 pm
Reputation: 0

Unread postAuthor: MrCrowley » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:04 am

Not yet my friends, NOT YET!

(right after they manage to get the starboard diesel to start on what little air they have left)
"I think it's running."
"Who says you can't make something out of nothing?!"

Who said that?

I don't remember reading it, at the end when the Chief goes to start the engines when they finally surface after sinking in Gibraltar, they start the engines and start yelling Er läuft 'It runs' and then Chief says it's the sweetest music he's ever heard or something, and then it goes to the captain on the 'tower'.



*Spoiler*
It was sad to see the 2nd Lt. (the guy with ginger hair and cracks all the jokes) die at the end, he was the funniest guy, him, the Captain and Johann were my favourite.
  • 0

Attachments
Boot2eLt.jpg
2nd Lt.
Boot2eLt.jpg (3.87 KiB) Viewed 1477 times
User avatar
MrCrowley
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 10207
Joined: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:42 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Country: New Zealand (nz)
Reputation: 4

Unread postAuthor: SpudMonster » Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:44 am

For the life of me, I can't remember which crewmembers said those lines... I'll have to watch that section again then.

And yes, it was a bummer to see him die at the end. Although the real heartstring puller for me was seeing the Captain watch the U-96 go down as he died, after the insurmountable odds they conquered to get back to port.

"Mildew. The next best thing to fresh lettuce. We should be thankful for anything that grows down here."
  • 0

User avatar
SpudMonster
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:54 pm
Reputation: 0

PreviousNext

Return to How-To Guide Database

Who is online

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot]

Reputation System ©'