Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 54 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 49 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

PVC Propane Meter (cheap)

Come find a how-to on how to do something, or come write your own for other people.
Sponsored 

Do you like this.

Hell Yes
60%
Yes
35%
Kind of
No votes
No
No votes
Hell No
5%

Total votes : 20
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: The Kid » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:33 am

wangpushups wrote:I wonder if you could make your entire meter out of pvc??? It would be way lighter than metal, it would look cooler, i think, and you could just pvc-weld it to the chamber with a 90 degree elbo, but how much psi could it hold? Just an idea.

You could But as spud stuff said the propane would make the pvc cold therefore brittle.

The Kid
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread postAuthor: jimmy101 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:27 am

The Kid wrote:
wangpushups wrote:I wonder if you could make your entire meter out of pvc??? It would be way lighter than metal, it would look cooler, i think, and you could just pvc-weld it to the chamber with a 90 degree elbo, but how much psi could it hold? Just an idea.

You could But as spud stuff said the propane would make the pvc cold therefore brittle.

No it won't. If the propane cylinder is kept upright and the meter is operated at a pressure well below the pressure in the propane cylinder, then the meter pipe, valves etc. will not cool off.

The only time you would have cooling problems would be in a full auto setup that was firing at a high ROF.

jimmy101
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to How-To Guide Database