Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 42 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 36 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Gen, III Hybrid

Post questions and info about hybrid (compressed gas with fuel) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, build types, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: DYI » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:29 pm

As I said, you need 3.8 psi oxygen per atm.

Your propane meter won't work for the GEN III because of the higher O2 content per atmosphere. If you want to use that meter, you will have to use fractional mixes which will be uber difficult to calculate.

If your reg tops out at 15 psi, then you will be limited to less than a 4x mix, so I would highly suggest either modifying the existing regulator (I modded a bernzomatic O2 reg to put out over 60 psi), or buying a whole new reg, which is safer, more reliable, and costs a s***load of money.

Spudfiles' resident expert on all things that sail through the air at improbable speeds, trailing an incandescent wake of ionized air, dissociated polymers and metal oxides.
DYI
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to Hybrid Cannon Discussion