Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 50 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 45 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

leaks...

Post questions and info about hybrid (compressed gas with fuel) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, build types, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Gippeto wrote:Despite the labeling on teflon tape, it is not a thread sealant, it is dry lubricant.

Over the past 2 years, I have not run into one person (other than a couple other SF members) that know this. I always find myself smacking my head with my palm.

Despite this, I've always had good luck with sealing pipe threads with teflon tape. For steel pipe threads, use a lot of it. I assume that your leaks are originating from the larger fittings. I use about 10 feet for a 2" thread.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: noname » Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:10 pm

Go to your hardware store and save yourself from a football field's length in teflon tape by simply buying a tube of silicone sealant. Glob that on any kind of threads and just screw 'em together. I used it on the 2" steel in my hybrid and haven't had any leaks, ever.

noname
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:04 pm

john bunsenburner wrote:Sorry i missed the galvanized part oh and go knows he might of sliped droped it and there could be a little crack or something, better like that then that we give his 101 ways to seal bushings when he really needs to fix the pipe its self, just makign sure, sorry if it sounded like flamine.
That still doesn't make sense.

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Unread postAuthor: SpudBlaster15 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:06 pm

frankrede wrote:
john bunsenburner wrote:Sorry i missed the galvanized part oh and go knows he might of sliped droped it and there could be a little crack or something, better like that then that we give his 101 ways to seal bushings when he really needs to fix the pipe its self, just makign sure, sorry if it sounded like flamine.

English is apparently his third language, so don't be surprised when he comes across as stupid. He tried to flame me in the comments section of one of my Youtube videos, and he came across as an inexperienced idiot who didn't understand what he was stating. When he revealed to me that English is not his first language, it made more sense that he would come across as he does. Just keep that in mind.

I still believe that he should try harder to think about what he is about to state before putting his thoughts into words. If he is unable to comply to that, then he shouldn't speak at all.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.
SpudBlaster15
Major General
Major General

Unread postAuthor: frankrede » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:22 pm

SpudBlaster15 wrote:
frankrede wrote:

English is apparently his third language, so don't be surprised when he comes across as stupid. He tried to flame me in the comments section of one of my Youtube videos, and he came across as an inexperienced idiot who didn't understand what he was stating. When he revealed to me that English is not his first language, it made more sense that he would come across as he does. Just keep that in mind.

I still believe that he should try harder to think about what he is about to state before putting his thoughts into words. If he is unable to comply to that, then he shouldn't speak at all.
No, I understand what he is saying, its just that what he says is still....well....pretty dumb.

Current project: Afghanistan deployment
frankrede
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Previous

Return to Hybrid Cannon Discussion