Login    Register
User Information
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Who is online

In total there are 68 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 63 guests

Most users ever online was 155 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:40 am

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Yahoo [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Stage1 - 120X CLGG

Post questions and info about hybrid (compressed gas with fuel) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, build types, safety, and anything else relevant.
  • Author

Re: Stage1 - 120X CLGG

Unread postAuthor: equusvenustas » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:39 pm

I think the easiest to do is to build a light tight enclosure to contain the chrony something like this

I have read a little about the risks of DDT on gaseous mixtures, but still i think the dangerousness of hydrogen is exaggerated in the mainstream knowledge, acetylene can suffer explosive polymerization and is even more prone to DDT but still is much less feared, in the writing i was learning about this they induced detonations even on methane-air mixtures, for this they used something like a plasma capillary with fast discharge times to induce a detonation in gas mixes within pipes.

I didn't know those existed, similar to what happened with 4500psi hand pumps :oops: , so you are thinking in using the full 9000psi in your gun :shock: thats some mental pressure to contain especially if its to be deflagrated.

Return to Hybrid Cannon Discussion