Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 44 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 42 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

large burst disk hybrid build(Update September 2017)

Post questions and info about hybrid (compressed gas with fuel) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, build types, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Re: large burst disk hybrid build(Update September 2017)

Unread postAuthor: D_Hall » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:43 pm

For what it's worth....

Vera has a remote vent valve as well. Attached to the outlet of said valve is an air ejector. Something like this: https://www.mcmaster.com/#air-ejectors/=1a9bkx0. Anywho, the idea is to mix the (presumably explosive) mixture coming out of the gun with ambient air thus leaning out the mixture so that you don't have to worry about sources of ignition as anything coming out of the gun is no longer flamable.

On that note - especially since you're worried about mixing - Vera has another ejector (2 of them, actually) inside the combustion chamber. The inlet of the ejector is in one location of the chamber while the outlet is at another. The point being that the very act of injecting fuel or air (both get injected through the ejector) actively mixes the contents of the chamber.

Simulation geek (GGDT / HGDT) and designer of Vera.
D_Hall
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:25 am

wdr0 wrote:This is the most recent fueling set up.

For some reason I'm getting a very "Back to the Future" vibe off it, looks great!

D_Hall wrote:The point being that the very act of injecting fuel or air (both get injected through the ejector) actively mixes the contents of the chamber.

A good point which many hybrid enthusiasts miss.

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: wdr0 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:53 am

I was thinking just that, add an ejector if this continues to be a problem. I think pppr mixing may be a bit more likely in my case as my chanmber is rather long cause mares to most(around 12' with roughly a 6" ID)

wdr0
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Previous

Return to Hybrid Cannon Discussion