Password:
We are a free and open
community, all are welcome.
Click here to Register
Sponsored
Who is online

In total there are 58 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 56 guests

Most users ever online was 218 on Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Registered users: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot] based on users active over the past 5 minutes

The Team
Administrators
Global Moderators
global_moderators.png CS

Small semi automatic hybrid project

Post questions and info about hybrid (compressed gas with fuel) powered cannons here. This includes discussion about fuels, ratios, ignition systems, build types, safety, and anything else relevant.
Sponsored 
  • Author
Re: Small semi automatic hybrid project

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Mon May 20, 2019 8:59 am

ok, studying the 555 and how to use it. Thank you :)

Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Mon May 20, 2019 7:33 pm

I have several RC servos that do not work in the present. To solve this issue, I used one, but only the motor, gears and housing. The electronic part, potentiometer and platelet, (they did not work), I have discarded them.
The system is like this in the diagram and the animation that I made. I eliminate the lock that prevents the servo from turning 360º, now it does it.
I need only 1 second to charge the gas in the doser, and this is regulated with a little more or less voltage supply, which influences the speed of the wheel to rotate 360º. With three volts, it gives me that time, with a full turn of the system. Use two small monostable switches, (allow current to pass only when pressed), the modified servo and 2 common 1.5 volt batteries in series.
I have tried the force to move the actuator stem and it is more than enough. It was a high torque servo and has a large reduction.
It works in this way:
When the actuator stem is to the left, in the slit of the small wheel, the hybrid is compressed. When the rod is pushed by the small wheel, to the right, in the drawing, the compressed air is closed and butane gas is left in the dispenser, for a second of time.
The switch "1" starts the movement of the motor and the wheel, the switch "2", keeps the motor activated and cuts off the electric current when the rod falls in the grinding wheel. Everything starts again, when the mixture explodes, the auxiliary rod connected to the piston of the combustion chamber moves and activates the switch "1". 8)
I think it's a simple solution with very little cost. I have only modified the servo and I have tried it, it is necessary to build the rest.
I leave a drawing of the whole set, for clarity.

Attachments
A. Actuador temporizado electromecánico, REFERENCIAS.png
A. Actuador temporizado electromecánico, REFERENCIAS.png (18.49 KiB) Viewed 462 times
Animación sistema temporizado.gif
Unidad dosificadora para híbrido con depósito de aire, 1, carga gas.png
Unidad dosificadora para híbrido con depósito de aire, 1, carga gas.png (19.55 KiB) Viewed 459 times
Weapons do not exist, they are built. This hobby is a science - totally procedural art.
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: jackssmirkingrevenge » Tue May 21, 2019 4:52 am

That's very clever! I like how you studied the 555 timer and concluded "to hell with electronic timers, I'll make my own mechanical timer with blackjack and hookers!"

:D

hectmarr wrote:You have to make many weapons, because this field is long and short life
jackssmirkingrevenge
Donating Member
Donating Member

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Tue May 21, 2019 10:04 am

I necessarily need a DC electric motor to move the valves, or a self-built electromagnet ... The motor should be as small as possible, and have some strength. It seems to me that the servo has all this ready to be used, without me having to try to build an RPM reducer
  of such a small size For this reason I used a servo, because it is small and has strength. The mechanics to cause a linear movement of the actuator shank is the same, if I use a 555 or whatever. It seems to me simpler and inexpensive to use two small switches, worked as it is in the drawing, than to use a system with 555, and other electronic components. The result is more voluminous by the necessary electronic board, although it would also work well. The integrated should move the motor a certain time, so that the stem coincides with the groove of the wheel. Everything else, the mechanical part, would be the same.

hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Unread postAuthor: hectmarr » Thu May 23, 2019 12:24 pm

There is one aspect that I am interested in improving in the design, and it has to do with the operation of hybrid in semiautomatic mode.
The system as it is working, after each shot, leaves the combustion chamber charged with pressure mixing. I do not like this because you can not wait 5 minutes, for example, to make the next shot.
Leaving the combustion chamber of the hybrid with pressure, for a long time, can cause losses, although you should not have them, but it is the reality.
The simple solution, is to add to the spawn, a ball valve common and small, as it is drawn, of manual operation. After firing, the system automatically clears the combustion chamber, charges the butane gas in the doser, and the ammunition in the firing barrel.
With this valve closed, the compressed air does not enter the system until I decide to shoot again, and you can wait 10 minutes or 10 hours ...
On the other hand, if I need to shoot relatively often, fast, I just leave it open, and it works as it does in the present.
I think it's an important improvement, because it's annoying to have always shoot, all the ammunition one after the other, I do not like this.
With this improvement, the weapon can have better characteristics in practice. :D
Editado:
Analyzing the solution I see that it is necessary to use a valve for the gas tank. It is to cut off the gas inlet when there is no compressed air to do so. It could be two small ball valves working side by side, together.

Attachments
Unidad dosificadora para híbrido con depósito de aire.png
hectmarr
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to Hybrid Cannon Discussion